eibach spring kit

i got a 400 dollar qoute today.. its sad when they look at your car and charge you more because of the car you drive.. if i would of said... 91 civic.. he woulda been like.. 250 im sure of it. is 400 the norm? anyone?

I imagine it books for about 3-4 hours plus an alignment. So for that, yeah would be about right.

Might be able to find some places that would be less; just look around... depends if they're going to book it or not.

I am running the eibach 1.5 springs and just put 20's on. I cant imagine trying to stuff 22's in there! The local suspension and alignment shop here in town charged me $200 to put mine on and it ended up taking 4 hours. The owner said he had to put 2 guys on it and they will never do another for less than 400. I guess it is more labor intensive than most cars.

So people are just installing springs w/o shocks?

Don't they usually blow out after that?

I am running the eibach 1.5 springs and just put 20's on. I cant imagine trying to stuff 22's in there! The local suspension and alignment shop here in town charged me $200 to put mine on and it ended up taking 4 hours. The owner said he had to put 2 guys on it and they will never do another for less than 400. I guess it is more labor intensive than most cars.
I had mine put on and a four wheel alignment for $275. One guy in approximately 2 hours. At the dealership.

So people are just installing springs w/o shocks?

Don't they usually blow out after that?

ummmm no...

Lowering springs don't cause shocks to wear out or "blow out" as you said...

However, if you've got 80k on the ticker and do springs without shocks, I'd have to question your intelligence given you just missed a great chance to do something that will need to be done soon anyway.

Mine with Eibachs and 18's.
DSC01716.jpg

I have the Sprint 1.75" lowering kit and my 20's wont fit. I ended up having to buy two new fenders because they rubbed them. I have a fender roller now but I don't know if I'm willing to risk it on the new fenders and I'm pretty sure it would still rub the fender liners. anyone have any ideas?

I have the Sprint 1.75" lowering kit and my 20's wont fit. I ended up having to buy two new fenders because they rubbed them. I have a fender roller now but I don't know if I'm willing to risk it on the new fenders and I'm pretty sure it would still rub the fender liners. anyone have any ideas?

What is the offset or your rims? I have 20s with sprint springs and there fine. If I go over big bumps the front tires will hit the wheel wells a lil but no big problem. I have had 5 people in my car at once and the back tire was tucked and didnt rub at all.

I dont know the offset I got them from a guy in Florida who put them on his wife's LS and hated the look of them. They fit on his LS but it wasn't lowered at all. I have a pic of them on the car if you can tell anything by looking at them.

i got 18's and 240's...with the Eibach...its sits alot lower than you think...im thinking about going with a lower drop and new rims...19's and super low pro...its gonna be wicked...

Wanted to pull this back up to the top and let anyone interested in Sprint springs know they are on backorder at most places until mid-late April. I had to get Eibach pro's instead.

Members online

No members online now.
Back