egg smell and white watery drippy exhuast smoke

drjekel_mrhyde

LVC Member
Reaction score
i been getting this problem where when i run my car really fast i get a smelly eggy sulfur smell and when i park and let my car sit or just starting it up i have water coming out of the tailpipe(even when is sitting 4 like 30 min ) p.s i havent been getting any loss of coolant and i dont use cheap gas

If it is water coming out of the tailpipe, then thats fine. Water is a by product from the catalytic converters.

How many miles are on the car? Because chances are that rotten egg smell is from your O2 sensors not working properly. Get those changed and you should be good to go. :)

99,000 but this is like alot of water its even put a tiny hole in one of my mufflers where the water is starting to drip

that usually means that your catalytic convert(s) is bad. it smells like that b/c the filter inside probably broke in half or is broken and clogging it up.

mdnitedrftr said:
If it is water coming out of the tailpipe, then thats fine. Water is a by product from the catalytic converters.

How many miles are on the car? Because chances are that rotten egg smell is from your O2 sensors not working properly. Get those changed and you should be good to go. :)

Your half right.The root problem could be from the o2s but the smell he is getting is from the cats being clogged up.

What happens is the O2s go bad and the computer does not know the true state of the tune.SO it ends up dumping too much fuel which burns inside the cats which causes them to clog up and be ruined.

Refer to my post about gutting cats.And while you are there install new O2s.

Members online

No members online now.
Back