Ed Schultz on Brown vs. Coakley: I'd cheat to keep these bastards out

Do I really need to write an essay on machine politics in the cities?
No, but I do think that it is something that although happened a lot in the past, really doesn't happen much now - the 'buying' of votes.

I can also give you little examples of Democrats buying homeless votes by giving them cigarettes and other things, but you'll just dismiss them.
And there are abundant examples of Democrat Congressmen selling influence, but that's not what you're asking for.
And ditto on the other side of the fence in both cases Cal. I think perhaps what you don't like is the current political system, and blame the dems for the problems caused by a system that both parties exploit.

You can't trust most of the exit polling anyway.
However, I don't think there are any media exit polls for the Mass. race. Up until a few weeks ago, there wasn't much focus on the race so the media didn't organize any.

Maybe some of the internal data will be leaked through out the afternoon/evening....
Oh, you can trend exit polling a little, however it has to be taken with a grain of salt. Once I saw that after very early exit polling one side claimed that it should be in the democrats favor at that point, because republicans work, and wouldn't vote until later in the day. However, they failed to take into account that most republicans wanted to vote early in the day, to avoid longer lines in the evening and get home to their families, spin is fun to watch unravel. But what is more fun it to watch which side claims victory first just on exit polling...

Exit polling is showing that Mass independents are breaking for Brown 68-29.

No, but I do think that it is something that although happened a lot in the past, really doesn't happen much now - the 'buying' of votes.
It's certainly less effective.
and that would explain why Chris Mathews is in a panic.

And ditto on the other side of the fence in both cases Cal. I think perhaps what you don't like is the current political system, and blame the dems for the problems caused by a system that both parties exploit.
So you're saying that government and politics are corruptive,yet you still continue to think that we should hand over more and more power to a centralized national government.

...I also forgot to include this recent quote from MSNBC host Keith Olberman about Scott Brown:

"an irresponsible, homophobic, racist, reactionary, ex-nude model, teabagging supporter of violence against women"

..at least he didn't say that his voice sounded bitchy.

The Boston Globe has miracously determined who the victor was today even though the polls don't close for 6 more hours.

And people wonder if the Democrats are going to cheat? :confused:

YEP...

bgpoll.jpg

So you're saying that government and politics are corruptive,yet you still continue to think that we should hand over more and more power to a centralized national government.
I think I said that you think... not me... But, on this point - politics have been corruptible since the dawn of well, politics. Remove power from the feds, and the states will take over in the amount of corruption? Probably better - harder to hide in state politics.

..at least he didn't say that his voice sounded bitchy.
Well, it sorta does...;)

I like your thing from the Globe MM - this is where it gets fun. They have it close though, so lots of wiggle room. Nice that it is on the east coast - this will be finished before dinner out here in the west! We will know whether to toast a victory or drown our sorrows, either way, drinking will be involved!

I think I said that you think... not me... But, on this point - politics have been corruptible since the dawn of well, politics. Remove power from the feds, and the states will take over in the amount of corruption? Probably better - harder to hide in state politics.
So you're for states' rights? You vote for the wrong party then.

I like your thing from the Globe MM - this is where it gets fun.

Ya, they are testing their graphics for tonight but why do they have to show the bias?

And handing out absentee ballots day of election:confused:

I heard they requested over 1,000,000 absentee ballets for this election where there are only 4,000,000 registered voters and usually 50% turnout at best. So 2,000,000 will vote with all those absentee ballots floating around. Why isn't every American up-in-arms about this?

Bring out the purple thumb. No absentee voting. No registering day of election. Must show 2 forms of ID.

We are destroying our political process and becoming a banana republic.:mad:

Members online

Back