Ed Schultz on Brown vs. Coakley: I'd cheat to keep these bastards out

Calling a leading presidential candidate a 'stereotypical bitch' isn't really all that bad is it?

I know that context is really the enemy to you and your friends at MediaMatters, but let's put that statement back into context:
I don't want to sound like the old ball-and-chain guy, but Hillary Clinton cannot be elected president because -- am I wrong in feeling, am I the only one in America that feels this way? -- that there's something about her vocal range. There's something about her voice that just drives me -- it's not what she says, it's how she says it. She is like the stereotypical -- excuse the expression, but this is the way to -- she's the stereotypical bitch, you know what I mean? She's that stereotypical, nagging, [unintelligible], you know what I mean? And she doesn't have to be saying -- she could be saying happy things, but after four years, don't you think every man in America will go insane? Is it just me? I mean, I know this is horrible to say, but I mean it not -- I would say this if she were Condi Rice and she sounded like that. Condi Rice doesn't have that grate to her voice. You know what I need to do? I need to talk to a vocal expert, because there is a range in women's voices that experts say is just the chalk, I mean, the fingernails on the blackboard. And I don't know if she's using that range or what it is, but I've heard her in speeches where I can't take it....

I'm sorry for being such a pig. But please, America. Please. I don't think I could do it for four years. I mean, sure the country is going to go to hell in a handbasket, but could we make this about me for a second? I just don't think I could take it from her."

So, let's note the full context of the statement, the WAY it was said, and NOTE that is was done as HUMOR.
You appreciate humor, don't you? That's how all liberals love to dismiss the nasty attacks made by John Stewart or Al Franken. Beck is CLEARLY making a joke about her TONE of voice.

Now what did Schultz say, and how did he say it?
"I'd cheat to keep this bastards out. Because that's exactly what they are."

Personally the fact that he calls anyone a "bastard" doesn't bother me. Ed Schultz is unhinged, not particularly intelligent, and completely irrelevant. It says a lot when you're the "low rated show on MSNBC."

I'm also not surprised to hear a progressive left guy like that talking about cheating in an election. Correction, I'm not surprised he's thinking it, it's interesting that they're talking about it in the open now...

What do you think Chris Mathews would have to say on this subject:
“You know in the old days…if the Democrats faced this kind of a disaster in the works, you’d go back to your ones, the people you were sure are going to vote Democrat, and you’d make sure they got to the polling place,” Matthews told NBC’s Chuck Todd on Friday’s “Hardball.”

“You’d get them lunch, you’d get them a car. You’d make sure they got there, and in some cases you’d be buying people to get them,” he continued. “But I hear talking to somebody today there aren’t people up there in Massachusetts like that anymore”

So, let's note the full context of the statement, the WAY it was said, and NOTE that is was done as HUMOR.
You appreciate humor, don't you? That's how all liberals love to dismiss the nasty attacks made by John Stewart or Al Franken. Beck is CLEARLY making a joke about her TONE of voice.

Oh, I heard it alright- I was working with the campaign at that point. It wasn't funny, and afterwards Beck stated he should have said 'nag', not 'bitch'. No one should be labeled bitch, it isn't 'funny' Cal, in any political type context. I could make a 'funny' joke and label Beck an a$$hole - and it wouldn't be humor, and I should be called on it.

I am not standing up for Schultz... who knows, maybe he did it for ratings (from a quick glance at his numbers, well, they are very sorry). But, people can't vote more than once, so his claim to vote ten times is rather silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
But you follow Schultz? really? or are you just picking up on right wing blog here...
Probably the same level to which you follow Beck. Did you hear his comment when it happened, or did you google it?

Maybe I should start posting left wing crap so you get a good idea of what the right blithers on about foss, sort of what happens on your side of the fence. However, that would mean I would actually have to read all the junk, blick. I would imagine the ground is humming after Limbaugh's and Robertson's comments regarding the disaster in Haiti.
Interesting, because those comments are all over the news, yet Schultz' comment wasn't mentioned except on the blogs.

Maybe not - I don't follow Beck, however I did work for Hillary - the reason I knew about the Beck quote.
Which confirms what I said earlier.

Oh, quick search - not one mention of Beck's quote regarding Hillary-not really a surprise. Calling a leading presidential candidate a 'stereotypical bitch' isn't really all that bad is it?
Is it true?:rolleyes:

Probably the same level to which you follow Beck. Did you hear his comment when it happened, or did you google it?
the next day - I was working on the campaign.
Interesting, because those comments are all over the news, yet Schultz' comment wasn't mentioned except on the blogs.
The big 3 didn't cover Beck's comments-that I remember, it was in '07, but I remember that at the time we were wondering if anyone would pick it up. We didn't run with it because it was counterproductive. But, I really don't think network picked up on it.

Is it true?:rolleyes:
Nope.

Actually, it's rather typical. Also, dead people vote as well. Do you want me to drum up some links for you?

Do you really think there is a lot of problems with this in Massachusetts foss?

sorry, typing fast - and exercising... hard to type and bike... but interesting typos... huh?
Don't apologize to me, and don't make silly excuses. You opened the door with your spelling corrections on Shag.

Oh, I heard it alright- I was working with the campaign at that point. It wasn't funny, and afterwards Beck stated he should have said 'nag', not 'bitch'. No one should be labeled bitch, it isn't 'funny' Cal, in any political type context. I could make a 'funny' joke and label Beck an a$$hole - and it wouldn't be humor, and I should be called on it.
It would depend on the joke.
Plenty of comedians have made jokes about Beck, some have been funny.

And I think the joke was funny. I think her tone of voice sounds just like she described it.

YouTube- I Am Sick And Tired - Hillary Clinton

And no one "labeled her a bitch." Beck was making a joke about her tone- as stated, regardless of politics, as he clearly explains during the paragraph.

Mind you- it's live radio. As is so often explained, when you talk for 15 hours a week, sometime ideas don't come out as well formulated or perfectly as they would when you write and edit them. According to you, he later expained that his choice of words wasn't ideal and that "nag" would have been better- FURTHER demonstrating that he didn't label her a "bitch."

Sadly, I've taken the bait here and allowed you to change the subject.

I am not standing up for Schultz... who knows, maybe he did it for ratings (from a quick glance at his numbers, well, they are very sorry). But, people can't vote more than once, so his claim to vote ten times is rather silly.
You're not sticking up for Ed Schultz, but ready to quickly dismiss it without any discussion. That's awfully convenient, isn't it.

And you didn't mention Chris Mathews either.

Election fraud and vote buying are Democrat traditions, particularly in urban areas. All Democrat strong holds have that tradition, be it Boston, Chicago, New York City or Miami.

It would depend on the joke.
Plenty of comedians have made jokes about Beck, some have been funny.
Got a funny one that uses a term similar to 'bitch'?

And no one "labeled her a bitch." Beck was making a joke about her tone- as stated, regardless of politics, as he clearly explains during the paragraph.
she's the stereotypical bitch sounds like he thinks she is a bitch... sorry Cal -

Mind you- it's live radio. As is so often explained, when you talk for 15 hours a week, sometime ideas don't come out as well formulated or perfectly as they would when you write and edit them. According to you, he later expained that his choice of words wasn't ideal and that "nag" would have been better- FURTHER demonstrating that he didn't label her a "bitch."
No, it meant he got caught - and was taken to the carpet on it...

You're not sticking up for Ed Schultz, but ready to quickly dismiss it without any discussion. That's awfully convenient, isn't it.
I think that he is in poor taste and shows poor judgment (reiterating what I said in an earlier post Cal). Because, just like Beck, he certainly doesn't speak for all liberals. He appears to be wacky, and goes for the 'shock' factor. I brought up Beck because he certainly doesn't speak for all conservatives, so should I judge all conservatives by his mistakes? Nope. Both sides are quick to take the extremists and project their views onto the entirety of that group.

No main stream media picked up the Beck story, by your standards they should have.

And you didn't mention Chris Mathews either.
And I haven't heard of his quote until you posted it. I don't listen to these people Cal - they are mostly talking heads who are keeping their jobs by pandering to an audience.

Election fraud and vote buying are Democrat traditions, particularly in urban areas. All Democrat strong holds have that tradition, be it Boston, Chicago, New York City or Miami.
So, got some current numbers on that in Boston? I've got a great story about Clay County in Kentucky where Republicans were buying votes with OxyContin last spring, sort of a nice twist on the whole vote buying tradition don't you think?

No, but is there a book that calls Hillary a "Fat Idiot" in the title?
I didn't know bitch was the new "n-word."

she's the stereotypical bitch sounds like he thinks she is a bitch... sorry Cal -
And I'm sorry you still can't have a discussion in good faith.
I'm not going to play this game all night.
If you're going to deliberately lie, there's not much to talk about. Noting your incredible sensitivity, I'll refrain from calling you a bitch though.

I've posted the context of what he said. You have decided to, AGAIN, intentionally isolate two words from it in your unyielding pursuit of making your point, regardless of whether it's truthful (infact, knowing you, you most likely are intentionally being dishonest) at all costs.

I suggest you go back a read the compete paragraph.
There's something about her voice that just drives me -- it's not what she says, it's how she says it. She is like the stereotypical bitch

Again, you do this all the time.
You're deflecting from Schultz's incredible comment about vote fraud and instead trying to equate it to Glenn Beck saying that Hillary Clinton's tone of voice is bitchy and naggy.

Furthermore, Beck wasn't making a political statement. This is expressed very clearly in the quote I provided. SCHULTZ IS TALKING ABOUT and JUSTIFYING CHEATING IN AN ELECTION!

So, got some current numbers on that in Boston? I've got a great story about Clay County in Kentucky where Republicans were buying votes with OxyContin last spring, sort of a nice twist on the whole vote buying tradition don't you think?
That wasn't a Republican/Democrat national issue.
That was a corrupt local judge buying his seat in a local election.

Let me repeat Chris Mathews quote from the other day.

“You know in the old days…if the Democrats faced this kind of a disaster in the works, you’d go back to your ones, the people you were sure are going to vote Democrat, and you’d make sure they got to the polling place,” Matthews told NBC’s Chuck Todd on Friday’s “Hardball.”

“You’d get them lunch, you’d get them a car. You’d make sure they got there, and in some cases you’d be buying people to get them,” he continued. “But I hear talking to somebody today there aren’t people up there in Massachusetts like that anymore”

Sounds to me that Democrats like Mathews and Schultz are panicking because their urban "machine politics" might be starting to fail them.

But, it's important to win- by any means necessary.... Saul Alinsky is Chris Mathews hero TOO.

YouTube- MSNBC's Chris Matthews Cites "One Of Our Heroes From The Past" Saul Alinsky

A woman sitting in the aisle seat of an airplane had to get up so that a well dressed man and woman could sit in the two inside seats. When she sat back down, she regarded the couple with interest. In a southern drawl, she asked, "Hey, where ya'll from?"

The well dressed woman looked at her with a scornful expression and replied, "Where we live, we don't end sentences with prepositions."

The other woman thought this over, looked back at the woman, and said, "Okay, where ya'll from, bitch?"

I've got a great story about Clay County in Kentucky where Republicans were buying votes with OxyContin last spring, sort of a nice twist on the whole vote buying tradition don't you think?
Are you familiar with a guy named Blagojevich? See, I can play red herring too. :rolleyes:

Ones who vote? I though Illinois lead the country in the dead people who vote category.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/59993

No, but is there a book that calls Hillary a "Fat Idiot" in the title?
I didn't know bitch was the new "n-word."

So... what does the book title have to do with this - that just because others do this it is OK? I am rather confused.

Actually Is Bitch the New Black?

And I'm sorry you still can't have a discussion in good faith.
I'm not going to play this game all night.
If you're going to deliberately lie, there's not much to talk about. Noting your incredible sensitivity, I'll refrain from calling you a bitch though.

Why refrain Cal - you certainly have skimmed right next to it in the past - just take the leap...

I've posted the context of what he said. You have decided to, AGAIN, intentionally isolate two words from it in your unyielding pursuit of making your point, regardless of whether it's truthful (infact, knowing you, you most likely are intentionally being dishonest) at all costs.

I suggest you go back a read the compete paragraph.

I did - She's that stereotypical, nagging, [unintelligible], you know what I mean? I heard the broadcast the day after it was aired - the missing word was 'bitch' here too... Is he just isolating her voice - I think you see it that way Cal, I see it differently. It isn't "Her voice is that" it is "She's that"... You claim bad writing and many hours on air - fine, that can be a blanket excuse for anything then - right?

Again, you do this all the time.
You're deflecting from Schultz's incredible comment about vote fraud and instead trying to equate it to Glenn Beck saying that Hillary Clinton's tone of voice is bitchy and naggy.

No - it appeared that 'bastards' was a sticking point - someone mentioned washing liberal's mouths out with buckshot... obviously a comment on the language used. I was going with that slur...

Furthermore, Beck wasn't making a political statement. This is expressed very clearly in the quote I provided. SCHULTZ IS TALKING ABOUT and JUSTIFYING CHEATING IN AN ELECTION!

I still am not standing up for Schultz - I have stated that many times - I was just pointing out the hypocrisy... And I think Beck asks at both the beginning and end of the 'bit' not to vote for Hillary, I guess that isn't a political statement, once again, lets just chalk it up to bad writing, too much time on the air, and it is a humorous piece - right? I know it was meant to be a humorous piece. It was in poor taste, and really had no reason to be on the air whatsoever.

That wasn't a Republican/Democrat national issue.
That was a corrupt local judge buying his seat in a local election.

So, have any recent stuff from Boston Cal? Nothing? Vote buying is vote buying... And this is documented, tried, and convicted vote buying... got that for New York recently?

Sounds to me that Democrats like Mathews and Schultz are panicking because their urban "machine politics" might be starting to fail them.

But, it's important to win- by any means necessary.... Saul Alinsky is Chris Mathews hero TOO.
They probably are panicking - and in this case in might be way too little, way too late. Will it be a wake up call for the Dems - could be interesting. Has Brown and the election in Mass. prodded the complacent lion?

I am rather confused.
Perhaps, but I doubt it. You're the one trying to change the subject or create the false moral equivalence. We'll just move on.

Why refrain Cal - you certainly have skimmed right next to it in the past - just take the leap...
No, I call into question your honesty and intellectual honesty. I think that it's evil and lacks character.
I don't think you're a bitch, I'm sure you're a delightful lady and very pleasant company.

Is he just isolating her voice - I think you see it that way Cal, I see it differently. It isn't "Her voice is that" it is "She's that"... You claim bad writing and many hours on air - fine, that can be a blanket excuse for anything then - right?
You refuse to read the entire quote. He is clearly discussing the tone of her voice and says so explicitly. "I would say this if she were Condi Rice and she sounded like that."

I didn't attribute anything to "bad writing." I simply said that when you speak spontaneously for 15 hours a week on the radio, sometimes you may say things less artfully than you would had you the opportunity to write and then later review.

And she does sound like the stereotypical bitch. Whether you're more comfortable with the word "nag" or "shrew" is besides the point.

No - it appeared that 'bastards' was a sticking point - someone mentioned washing liberal's mouths out with buckshot... obviously a comment on the language used. I was going with that slur...
Sticking point to who?
The issue here is the fact he's so unhinged, so unreasonably hateful, and calling for vote fraud.

I still am not standing up for Schultz - I have stated that many times - I was just pointing out the hypocrisy...
No you didn't. You tried to give the impression that there was hypocrisy when none existed. You do this all of the time.
You drawing a false comparison and try to create another false moral equivalence.

There is none here. Beck made a joke that was observational humor, you've decided to seize on it and misrepresent it in for your twisted political gains. Beck didn't make a personal attack. Beck didn't attack a majority of the country. And Beck didn't call for people to undermine an election.

You have been effective though in changing the subject and shifting the focus.

And I think Beck asks at both the beginning and end of the 'bit' not to vote for Hillary, I guess that isn't a political statement, once again, lets just chalk it up to bad writing, too much time on the air, and it is a humorous piece - right? I know it was meant to be a humorous piece. It was in poor taste, and really had no reason to be on the air whatsoever.
I disagree.
Don't listen to him.

Let me know when he says that he'd "cheat to keep the Democrat bastards out. Cause that's exactly what they are."

So, have any recent stuff from Boston Cal? Nothing? Vote buying is vote buying... And this is documented, tried, and convicted vote buying... got that for New York recently?
Are you testing my google skills or are you just pretending to be stupid right now?

Has Brown and the election in Mass. prodded the complacent lion?
Unfortunately, you're absolutely right.
If Brown wins today, we're going to see the Progressive machine lash out and clamp down on the public and the dissent aggressively. They'll get extremely aggressive and mash the gas pedal to get their legislation and changes through right away.

They get dangerous when challenged.

No, I call into question your honesty and intellectual honesty. I think that it's evil and lacks character.
I don't think you're a bitch, I'm sure you're a delightful lady and very pleasant company.
Evil - wow - that is new... perhaps I should have been content with 'bitch', however I have been told I have a happy voice, so I wouldn't fit the stereotypical portrayal of one...

There is none here. Beck made a joke that was observational humor, you've decided to seize on it and misrepresent it in for your twisted political gains. Beck didn't make a personal attack. Beck didn't attack a majority of the country. And Beck didn't call for people to undermine an election.<snip?Let me know when he says that he'd "cheat to keep the Democrat bastards out. Cause that's exactly what they are."

You are correct - he didn't - but I really thought (if you look at on of 04ctls's quotes it does indicate language) that the use of a slur was in question as well. I doubt if you could find anywhere on record where a conservative has asked for anyone to vote many times... They have been on record to manipulate elections (Nixon's reelection is rife with examples), but to actually state 'vote multiple times', I don't think I would even try looking - you wouldn't find any.

Are you testing my google skills or are you just pretending to be stupid right now?

I would really like to see any voter buying in the last few years that has been tried and convicted with Dems involved. Maybe we just have gotten lucky...

Unfortunately, you're absolutely right.
If Brown wins today, we're going to see the Progressive machine lash out and clamp down on the public and the dissent aggressively. They'll get extremely aggressive and mash the gas pedal to get their legislation and changes through right away.

They get dangerous when challenged.

I think the outcome of the election is moot as far as moving the democrat machine. It has been awakened - there is a huge amount of time between now and the elections in November. Dems can now raise money with the best of them, and have always had better organization on their side. This summer promises to be very interesting...

I would really like to see any voter buying in the last few years that has been tried and convicted with Dems involved. Maybe we just have gotten lucky...
And you know that the only people who get caught vote buying are hillbilly judges. Vote buying is usually much more sophisticated than that.

It has been awakened - there is a huge amount of time between now and the elections in November. Dems can now raise money with the best of them, and have always had better organization on their side. This summer promises to be very interesting...
First, I'd like to draw attention to the fact that you didn't comment on what I said. But to address your point. "Awaken?" When did they go to sleep? They've been on attack, raising money, ALL YEAR...

but I think you're right... Democrats are waking up. And they are realizing that the lunatics are running their party. That's why New Jersey, Virginia, and now maybe even Massachusetts have all seen Democrat loses. Democrats are waking up.... they are waking up to the threat that IS progressive liberals like Obama and the damage they are doing to our country, the economy, and our liberties.

And back to my point, if Brown wins, or even comes close, where going to see that "lion" foxpaws referred to get very aggressive this year. They will intensify their assault on the constitution, our rights, and they'll target and destroy individuals or groups that disagree with them by any means available to them- and in this case, also using the power of the executive branch of government to do so as well.

The progressive tyranny will intensify this year.
Everyone better brace themselves.

Again, I'm going to quote for emphasis.. everyone once in a while foxpaws publicly, and unintentionally, states a powerful truth:
Has Brown and the election in Mass. prodded the complacent lion?

I still am not standing up for Schultz - I have stated that many times - I was just pointing out the hypocrisy...
That's all you liberals can do, considering you have no moral basis.

It's called DEFLECTION, or a red herring.

It's your only recourse, and it signifies that you've already lost the debate in your mind.

Typical thread in LVC Politics these days:

1. Topic comes up showing liberal flaws or bad behavior
2. Some concurrence from conservatives
3. Foxpaws shows up and draws false comparison or throws up straw men/red herrings
4. Conservs call her out for her dishonesty
5. Foxpaws happily plays victim and doggedly continues to defend, deflect, and change the subject
6. Everyone tires of her ad nauseum arguments and leaves the thread

And you know that the only people who get caught vote buying are hillbilly judges. Vote buying is usually much more sophisticated than that.

Ah, don't have anything... that's OK Cal. Heck, the Dems have hillbilly judges too - don't they?

Again, I'm going to quote for emphasis.. everyone once in a while foxpaws publicly, and unintentionally, states a powerful truth:
So, either I am not very good at channeling Sunstein, or perhaps by 'occasionally' stating a powerful truth, I must have some deep underlying reason to do so.... what subterfuge is at play here Cal?

However, do you have a good exit poll site - I can't find anything, and my fellow conspirators can't either.

Speaking of cheating, why is Isabel Melendez handing out BLANK absentee ballots on the street in MA?

Is this her?

But Melendez said she believes she can be more effective as head of Voters in Action, a nonprofit group that has been working to register Latino voters.

Ah, don't have anything... that's OK Cal. Heck, the Dems have hillbilly judges too - don't they?

I do. I mentioned Blagojevich who tried to buy Obama's empty Senate seat. But you conveniently ignored that, didn't you?:rolleyes:

Deflection and dismissal is just like breathing to you.

They have hicks and they have corrupt inner city exploiters who sell votes as well.
Your issuing a challenge which is much like ACORN members screaming, "Sure, we registered people illegally, but show me where they actually voted."
You can't... because if the person was successful in voting, there's no way to trace it. And if they were turned away, there's no record of it.

Do I really need to write an essay on machine politics in the cities?

I can also give you little examples of Democrats buying homeless votes by giving them cigarettes and other things, but you'll just dismiss them.
And there are abundant examples of Democrat Congressmen selling influence, but that's not what you're asking for.

So, either I am not very good at channeling Sunstein, or perhaps by 'occasionally' stating a powerful truth, I must have some deep underlying reason to do so.... what subterfuge is at play here Cal?
I don't think you work for Sunstein.
I just know that you're a Progressive and when it comes to your political struggle, can't be trusted.

However, do you have a good exit poll site - I can't find anything, and my fellow conspirators can't either.
You can't trust most of the exit polling anyway.
However, I don't think there are any media exit polls for the Mass. race. Up until a few weeks ago, there wasn't much focus on the race so the media didn't organize any.

Maybe some of the internal data will be leaked through out the afternoon/evening....

Members online

Back