Ebay intake opinion/experience

The couplers leave much to be desired, but I'm use to 3 ply and better. These are 0 ply??? Shouldn't matter since they'll see a whole 0 psi.

The crank case breather barb is a 1" diameter fitting. I would post pictures but the intake has already been removed from the car. That 1" fitting isn't a quick disconnect either.

OK here's the kit minus the filter.
I would:

1. Check for metal shavings still attached to where the pipe was drilled.

2. Wipe the pipes down internally.

3. Consider sealing where the the nylon fittings meet the pipe, since it could potentially let in unmetered air.

View attachment 828571407

View attachment 828571408

View attachment 828571410

View attachment 828571409

View attachment 828571411
The 1st Gen cold air I bought looks like better quality than this 2nd Gen ...looks like the same metal tubing though ...you could always place some gasket maker around the threaded plastic fittings to be assured they are a nice tight seal...I could really have fun modifying this ...now I’m thinking about buying this for my 2006 ...but from what I see the factory cold air intake that came with the car is one of the most solid air intake system I've seen

I had to trim some of the rubber hose with a utility knife. I trimmed enough off the sides to slide it in to the quick connect for the 1" breather Barb. The other issue is the 2nd smaller hose isn't long enough so you'll need to replace it . I wish that I would have installed it before I installed the exhaust. It comes with a bracket that you have to bend and secure the intake with. I didn't bother. Maybe I'll try to weld it one day. Maybe I'll trash it and get a K&N one day.

IMG_20190224_144542.jpg

E3804009-A5F4-43FF-B87C-6E4021CC8FEA.jpeg
The K&N for the 1st Gen isn’t sold anymore so the only option I had with my old 2001 was to order the one I pictured in previous post...anyway ....I’m really impressed with the factory cold air intake in my 2006 I like the 2nd Gen intake tubes much better and will just leave it in ...I will probably just buy a K&N filter and use the existing plastic tubing

I had to trim some of the rubber hose with a utility knife. I trimmed enough off the sides to slide it in to the quick connect for the 1" breather Barb. The other issue is the 2nd smaller hose isn't long enough so you'll need to replace it . I wish that I would have installed it before I installed the exhaust. It comes with a bracket that you have to bend and secure the intake with. I didn't bother. Maybe I'll try to weld it one day. Maybe I'll trash it and get a K&N one day.

So overall, would you recommend it? I haven't ordered yet. And which hose needs to be replaced, and where can I buy said hose? Thanks mate.

I don't know. Sometimes I hear a slight whistle. I got my exhaust b4 I got this intake and I haven't had the car long. My last car was a I6 GMC Envoy, so this car in general is fast to me.

How does it sound? Do you notice any improvements over stock?
Looks like the same filter as the Gen 1 Ebay Cold Air Intake System ...This system gave a bit more beef to the sound ...but not to much which was a relief because personally one of the things I like most about the Lincoln LS is that it's a quiet yet powerful snappy V8 ....I don't like loud cars never have never will..you can actually hear the filter suck in air while the car is idling...It was like the thing was alive and breathing lol

Nice heat shield! How much to make me one??
I customized it on the fly...I used a laser cutter for the metal ...but you could use a tin snips just as well...I would start with a step bit to get the circle started for the round tube... I no longer have my 2001 Lincoln LS ...I upgraded to a 2006 LS ...I customized it out of sheet metal from the hardware store... Menards/Home Depot ...I could get you the materials I used...but without the 1st Gen LS in front of me... so I could get the exact measurements it would be quite difficult to build for you... let me know if you want the list of materials ...otherwise ...use your imagination and customize a Heat Shield to your liking...make this car your own ...I see you have a great looking car... The Black LSes are the best looking in my opinion...ttyl

I customized it on the fly...I used a laser cutter for the metal ...but you could use a tin snips just as well...I would start with a step bit to get the circle started for the round tube... I no longer have my 2001 Lincoln LS ...I upgraded to a 2006 LS ...I customized it out of sheet metal from the hardware store... Menards/Home Depot ...I could get you the materials I used...but without the 1st Gen LS in front of me... so I could get the exact measurements it would be quite difficult to build for you... let me know if you want the list of materials ...otherwise ...use your imagination and customize a Heat Shield to your liking...make this car your own ...I see you have a great looking car... The Black LSes are the best looking in my opinion...ttyl
Ty. Yea my new 5speed is amazing. And I've always loved the 02LSE best. I would love a material list. Not to good at making things but I'm ok if I have lil direction. Ty for help.

Ty. Yea my new 5speed is amazing. And I've always loved the 02LSE best. I would love a material list. Not to good at making things but I'm ok if I have lil direction. Ty for help.
I will get the list of materials by the end of the week. Were you going to go with the whole eBay Cold Air Intake or just the k&N Filter? If you are going with eBay System here is the one I purchased... Short Ram Air Intake Kit + BLACK for 02 Thunderbird /00-02 Lincoln LS 3.9 V8 I paid $79.00 now there listed at $474.99 WTF! That's Crazy or a major Typo!

I will get the list of materials by the end of the week. Were you going to go with the whole eBay Cold Air Intake or just the k&N Filter? If you are going with eBay System here is the one I purchased... Short Ram Air Intake Kit + BLACK for 02 Thunderbird /00-02 Lincoln LS 3.9 V8 I paid $79.00 now there listed at $474.99 WTF! That's Crazy or a major Typo!
Ebay one. I'll look it up an see. That's gotta be a typo. I seen them for the 70 something range.

Members online

No members online now.
Back