Ebay intake opinion/experience

Nylon fittings? :rolleyes: Overpriced imo, but cheap enough that I'd buy one if I couldn't weld.

So $60 sounds on the cheap side and sort of too good to be true.
Really, Im just looking for the pipes/fittings. Would probably buy a high quality filter separately.

Anyone purchase these? Any good?

BLACK AIR INTAKE KIT FIT 2003-2006 LINCOLN LS FORD THUNDERBIRD 3.9 V8 ENGINE | eBay

Thanks fellas
Yes I bought this cold air intake system for my 1st 2001 LS 3.9 it made the car breath way better than the factory ... The factory is still good ... Just wanted to experiment and I'm glad I did...I built my own heat shield also which turned out better than expected ...I was going to run a air inlet tube from the front bottom of the car into existing air hole also but never got around to it

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Well I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the eBay intake. K&N looks great, but I can't justify the cost vs performance ratio. If I could find one used later, maybe I'll get it.

When are you ordering?

Probably going to order this week.
I was mostly concerned about the quality of the pipes, but its good to hear AmsterDutch has good experiences with this brand.
And yeah I totally agree the price to performance ratio is nuts on the K&N intake.
I have a lot of intake noise (according to my mechanic), My old 02 I had, same thing. Swapping to a custom air intake brought out the beauty of the engine on the old LS I once had, so I'm hoping it will be the same result here.

looks like the 1st one is headlights ready to go, and the 2nd one you're going to be installing the halos in your own headlights. Either way it bothers me that they don't have any useful pictures.

The one thing I found is that the vacuum hoses aren't plug and play, especially the crank case breather hose. different diameter fitting on the intake.

The one thing I found is that the vacuum hoses aren't plug and play, especially the crank case breather hose. different diameter fitting on the intake.
Would you be able to upload a picture?

Good for the seller. Paypal is horrible to us sellers and will be phased out of ebay in a year or two.

I understand from a seller POV, but even with Paypal, some sellers scammed buyers. I got scammed out of $20. Package never arrived, and Paypal did piss all to help me. Sellers account was immediately taken down after purchase (hmm) yet eBay tries to wash their hands clean by having you go through Paypal to resolve disputes.

Screw eBay.
There's a lot of sellers out there on amazon, aliexpress, newegg, Gearbest etc.. where you get decent support. I use eBay for $1 cell phone cases from china, and the odd item I cant find on other retail websites. Other than that, I'm not using their service.

Come on guy don't skimp on the info. I guess I'll find out in a second.

OK here's the kit minus the filter.
I would:

1. Check for metal shavings still attached to where the pipe was drilled.

2. Wipe the pipes down internally.

3. Consider sealing where the the nylon fittings meet the pipe, since it could potentially let in unmetered air.

15509841525052133613464.jpg

15509841890651526340563.jpg

15509842969011941699604.jpg

View attachment 828571409

15509842283061379269918.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back