ebay HIDs?

whitemark8

LVC Member
Reaction score
well my stock HID system is non working so lately ive been using my brights as my low beams. i had hard wired a new set of low beams (just regular bulbs) but one of those lights went out and i was never happy with the output of those either. would these be of any use to me?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318
im just sick of using my brights and was trying to set up something better then the halogen bulbs, any suggestions?

I just put in some H4's from an Audi and they have been working like a charm ever since.

yeah ive been thinking about if there are other cars out there with similar systems so i could just wire in the light part of it and have it work. what other cars use similar HID lighting systems?

i also came across thses. right now i just have the wires that actually plugged into the stock lights just unhooked(annoying check head lights message) would i be able to wire these straight in and make them work? i know mounting is going to be an issue but mine is already ghetto rigged with halogen bulbs, im just looking for more output

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:543|65:12|39:1|240:1318

No, they will not work at all. The stock ballasts are unique and will not power them.

I forget which is which, but the Mark is either AC or DC and the rest of the HID world uses the the opposite.

Like I said I took, well had a friend at a body shop take a set of H4 and the ballasts out of a Audi that was being scrapped. He made some bent wire holders to keep the lights in my Mark Lenses but they kept popping off. So I just put the ballasts behind the lights to wedge them into the holes and have been using it for 2 years and 60,000 miles that way :cool:

HIDBulb.jpg

Forgot to add that when one bulb did burn out the check lights came up on my message center too :D I just wired the ballasts to the stock wires and it has been working ever since...

I have two stock bulbs, 3 years old and barely used (car's barely driven, and rarely rarely at night. Hasn't even been driven since aug of 07.) I would want 150 a pc though in order to justify what I want to do. You can get a kit cheaper, but if you want a couple stock bulbs that'll last a long time here they are.

Chris
641 832 9121

Members online

Back