E85?

umm NO! Nor should you, in any vehicle unless it is 50% the cost of gasoline. Until that happens it is a waste of time and government (taxpayer's) money for the USA to produce it.
Just another way for the government to give subsidies to big oil and return the "favors"

The LS was not made for E85, it would damage it. (E10 is okay)

do a little more research on it. you will find that it's not really an alternate for any car, and that the LS would need modification to handle it.

I just enjoy the fact that the gas stations around here post that all their oil is 10% ethanol..... :p

I just enjoy the fact that the gas stations around here post that all their oil is 10% ethanol..... :p

I hate that crap! I have 2 gas stations that I go to. One has 100% gasoline for every grade and the other has the premium at 100% and the lower grades at 90/10. On my Connecticut trip I only remember 1 station having 90/10. It is a law that it has to be posted if there is ethanol in it, correct?

Side note. I was pumping premium into my bro's truck the whole way and I think it cleaned out his engine a bit because I was getting better mileage at the end there. Plus I'm sure he just puts in the cheap stuff.

i have once only because i ran out of gas......they offered no premium, it was at a caseys....but usually run 94 octane

I try to stay chevron premium but there isnt' always one around.....

Same here. I received the new 5.0 mustang magazine this past weekend and one of the major topics was E85. I did not really get a chabce to read it all the way through and just wanted to know if any of you guys have used it. From the replys, it looks like it is not compatible.

Members online

No members online now.
Back