Dual Climate Control Valve

JigsawPMB

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help me out with the procedure to replace the dual climate control valve in my 02 Lincoln LS v8? Having no heat issues and so far have replaced water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing (which I was able to find a metal replacement in order to get rid of that crappy plastic shit), degas bottle, breather hose and that I believe is up to date replacement list. Everything short of the dccv and radiator. Or maybe someone could lend insight as to an easy way to replace it, doesn't have to be procedure by the books but a easy working procedure maybe from your trial and error or what you may have found easiest. This is my last ditch effort with this car I believe, I hate to say that because i love the car and she is fun to drive but I've put too many hours into this to keep going at it if this doesn't work. I've got a good temp on all my hoses in the system except going to (or from obviously) the heater core so that is my next best educated guess is that the dccv is shot as i imagine when electricity is supplied to the dccv the solenoid shuts thus nothing passes through. Like I said these are my educated guesses at work here so I'm open to any and all advice and knowledge base.

Thank you in advance,

Jigsaw

Be aware that the longer you have a bad DCCV the more likely it will also take out you CCM (Climate Control Module). How long has it been bad?

A simple search will find dozens of threads on DCCV replacement because it's a very common repair. Take a look and see if what your looking for is in one of those threads? It's not hard but plan to spend several hours and a you will get a few cuts and scrapes to your hands too. Since your in there change the coolant to if it's not been done yet. I would also take the time to really flush and back flush that heater core too. Just good work habits!

Are you aware of the AUX coolant pump in the system? Is it working?

Glad you found the Aluminum thermostat housing. You have already replaced the degas bottle but lately I have been recommending the real nice aftermarket Aluminum fabricated tank. They have come down to around $100 and that's for an upper tank that will never split or leak again!
Aluminum Top Tank

The only thing I don't like about the aluminum tank... is no sight glass.

If a leak starts at other places that is not noticable... the coolant level can drop without knowing it... potentially torching the engine.

Imagine everything is fine... and all of a sudden the "red light of death comes on" and the message center is saying "high temp warning" due to low coolant level.

I appreciate the efforts of the people making the aluminum tanks... but how much more would it take to weld in a bung and thread in a sight glass.

Maybe 2 sight glasses. One for full coolant level, and another for low coolant level.

Industrial places like Grainger, MSC... and others carry the parts to do this.

I'd happily pay $200-250 for an aluminum tank with sight glasses.:cool:

That's still only half the cost of an OEM tank.

I like being able to check my coolant level at a glance.

Wondering if anyone can help me out with the procedure to replace the dual climate control valve in my 02 Lincoln LS v8? Having no heat issues and so far have replaced water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing (which I was able to find a metal replacement in order to get rid of that crappy plastic shit), degas bottle, breather hose and that I believe is up to date replacement list. Everything short of the dccv and radiator. Or maybe someone could lend insight as to an easy way to replace it, doesn't have to be procedure by the books but a easy working procedure maybe from your trial and error or what you may have found easiest. This is my last ditch effort with this car I believe, I hate to say that because i love the car and she is fun to drive but I've put too many hours into this to keep going at it if this doesn't work. I've got a good temp on all my hoses in the system except going to (or from obviously) the heater core so that is my next best educated guess is that the dccv is shot as i imagine when electricity is supplied to the dccv the solenoid shuts thus nothing passes through. Like I said these are my educated guesses at work here so I'm open to any and all advice and knowledge base.

Thank you in advance,

Jigsaw
When replacing the Heater control valve I found its easiest to remove the Hydraulic cooling fan and place it out of the way ...you don't have to disconnect anything on the fan as far as hoses maybe some electrical connections but If I remember correctly you can move it out of your way along with draining the coolant system and removing the hoses so to have better access working from the top of the car...good luck

Members online

No members online now.
Back