driving home from vegas to mn....problem

90boss

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
so we are half way or at least in denver with the new ride. Problem, the back is up the front is down and the compressor is not turning on. I have done a bunch of searching and getting some pointers. Fuses are good and I have tomorrow to figure this out before having to head to mn sat morning. any advice? There is a hard fault about 30 seco0nds after start up.

thanks

Relay...Abs relay is the same as compressor relay..but if compressor is toast you might fry the relay...air bags are leaking and over worked compressor

Well atleast on a gen 1 it's the same

so i could do the tbird fronts tomorrow and hope the rear lasts until i get home? right

so i could do the tbird fronts tomorrow and hope the rear lasts until i get home? right

I should think so. Just make sure you turn the air ride switch off so that it doesn't randomly turn on and deflate the rear as well. Air susp's have a mind of their own when parts are changed/broken.

So what can I damage if I just drive it? I went a couple hundred miles today with No issues.

Did you try swaping the ABS relay to the Air ride relay spot? There the same and interchange.

Of I could locate them both I would try. Anyone have a pic of the location or what they look like.

So what can I damage if I just drive it? I went a couple hundred miles today with No issues.

Well it's certaintly not good for the car. I'd give the front suspension a good visual inspection and a shakedown when you get it home.

Of I could locate them both I would try. Anyone have a pic of the location or what they look like.

Suspension relay is by the compressor in front of the front passenger side wheel. You either have to drop the bottom plastic shield/air dam or the inner fender plastic. The abs relay is in front of the drivers side wheel and is accessible in the same manner.

& this is the reason why I don't regret switching to springs. I don't have to deal with this type of headache if I'm miles from home!

Yup. One less worry.

If you hear the compressor go on after you turn the key, and the fault light comes on (after approx 30 sec), and your front is still down, your bags are shot, and or the sensors are. If you hear no noise then you probably have a fried compressor or relay mentioned above. Turn off your air ride switch in the trunk and drive it home carefully avoiding pot holes.

The strange part is the car sat in my buddies garage for the last two weeks, he drove it and it was fine. We leave Vegas yesterday morning and by lunch the front is down. The compressor does not run at all, dead.

i turned the system off, i have some new tbird struts from O'reilly and found a local guy to put them in.

So here is another question, since the rear is holding fine, has anyone ever taking the rear air lines and run them like air bags on a pick up? Just fill them to the desired psi and leave them. Since this car will be bracket raced this could be an ideal way to help tun the launch.

The strange part is the car sat in my buddies garage for the last two weeks, he drove it and it was fine. We leave Vegas yesterday morning and by lunch the front is down. The compressor does not run at all, dead.

i turned the system off, i have some new tbird struts from O'reilly and found a local guy to put them in.

So here is another question, since the rear is holding fine, has anyone ever taking the rear air lines and run them like air bags on a pick up? Just fill them to the desired psi and leave them. Since this car will be bracket raced this could be an ideal way to help tun the launch.

If you did the rear airbag like an air shock you would have to run power wires to the soloniods to "open" them to accept air and close them when done filling,but yes you could.

Back in business. The Monroe struts are on and everything looks good.

So we put about 800 miles on the car yesterday here are a few of my thoughts.
We were getting great mpg 26 driving 80-90 mph. These cars have great range and don't even know the size of the tank.

The 3:07 rear end has got to go my continental seems to have way more pep.
Granted the mark could use a tune up but I can't wait to do the 4:30 great and a tune.
Leaving tomorrow early for mn hope the rear end stays up and it will be an enjoyable ride.
The marks motor purrs as smooth as silk so I am happy about that.

Thanks for the all te help. Any one looking for some front air struts!

Good luck on the rest of your trip home. You will really like the results of gears and a tune. It would be even better with a higher stalled converter.

Update, made it home to MN. So Friday I put in some tbird front struts and the back was holding air so I crossed my fingered and we headed east. So the rear air bags held air for two weeks in my buddies garage in Vegas and Th, and Fri in Dever, of course three hours into the trip home the rear are going down and by the time we got to "Lincoln" NE they were all the way down. JUst baffles my brain what is going on but oh well we made it home and other then the tail dragger look the car did great. Only filled up 3 time today and averaged about 25 mpg. Funny the faster we went the better the MPG, the motor really likes 22-2300 rpm range.

So tomorrow I will be ordering rear springs and ned to find the best adjustable shock I can find. Then later this week, change oil, Jmod and new mercon V. Do some cleaning and some minor fixes here and there.

Lastly the damn thing does not have any heat in any mode but it sure has some clod ass A C. Need to figure that out too. Time to buy a shop manuel off Ebay.

After Sept we will put her in the shed for winter and all the other mods for spring racing season. It will be a great canvas to start from.

Update, made it home to MN. So Friday I put in some tbird front struts and the back was holding air so I crossed my fingered and we headed east. So the rear air bags held air for two weeks in my buddies garage in Vegas and Th, and Fri in Dever, of course three hours into the trip home the rear are going down and by the time we got to "Lincoln" NE they were all the way down. JUst baffles my brain what is going on but oh well we made it home and other then the tail dragger look the car did great. Only filled up 3 time today and averaged about 25 mpg. Funny the faster we went the better the MPG, the motor really likes 22-2300 rpm range.

So tomorrow I will be ordering rear springs and ned to find the best adjustable shock I can find. Then later this week, change oil, Jmod and new mercon V. Do some cleaning and some minor fixes here and there.

Lastly the damn thing does not have any heat in any mode but it sure has some clod ass A C. Need to figure that out too. Time to buy a shop manuel off Ebay.

After Sept we will put her in the shed for winter and all the other mods for spring racing season. It will be a great canvas to start from.

Good luck with the car boss. For adjustable rear shocks, look at the Koni part# 8041-1202 sports. You indeed have a great canvas to work with. Here is my 98 all motor:

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC WOT after Dyno Tune - YouTube

Good luck with the car boss. For adjustable rear shocks, look at the Koni part# 8041-1202 sports. You indeed have a great canvas to work with. Here is my 98 all motor:

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC WOT after Dyno Tune - YouTube

Wow, nice video you really wind that puppy out. That dyno tune was before or after your best track time? I plan to do a tune in the spring after I get the convertor and the duals on. Staying with the stock exhaust manifolds for now, but did find a cobra intake I might buy.

So where sis you find the Koni's I did a google search and not having a lot of luck. Plus which springs did you buy and are they a a stock ride height?

Lastly who's upper mount should I buy?

Wow, nice video you really wind that puppy out. That dyno tune was before or after your best track time? I plan to do a tune in the spring after I get the convertor and the duals on. Staying with the stock exhaust manifolds for now, but did find a cobra intake I might buy.

So where sis you find the Koni's I did a google search and not having a lot of luck. Plus which springs did you buy and are they a a stock ride height?

Lastly who's upper mount should I buy?

That video is most recent and after my previous best. Im using T-Bird SC springs but you will likely not like the ride height. It sits pretty high. I can't remember where I got the Konis without digging out my receipt. They should be available though. 98lincmk7lsc (hopefully got the name right) is on here and has the mounts you need. DLF makes the perches.

So the rear air bags held air for two weeks in my buddies garage in Vegas and Th, and Fri in Dever, of course three hours into the trip home the rear are going down and by the time we got to "Lincoln" NE they were all the way down. JUst baffles my brain what is going on but oh well we made it home and other then the tail dragger look the car did great.

that is normal for cracked bags. you need to replace the rears. the movement of the car on the road opens the cracks that are normally closed sitting in your garage.

Members online

Back