Driver's Door Window Rattle?

DLF

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
If you have a rattle, it might be a broken door glass retainer. This is the rear track that the window descends into as it is lowered. Even in my low mileage originally Florida car, rust ate through the spot welds. :(

The Ford p/n is F3LY63222A01A, and it is obsolete, although Vintage Parts does have a few left. I ordered one to have for the future, as the metal on this one is quite thin in spots after bead blasting the rust off. ;)

Some light welding, and a little Eastwood Rust Encapsulator paint, and the rattle is gone. :cool:

HPIM4161.jpg

HPIM4162.jpg

HPIM4163.jpg

HPIM4164.jpg

HPIM4166.jpg

I had to do the same to mine last fall. It can make the window jam up in the track too :(

THANK YOU DLF! I've had a rattle in my door area for the longest time. It's been driving me nuts. I have been meaning to remove my door panel to look for it but haven't had time. I will be ripping my door panel out this weekend.

I took mine apart last week to have rewelded and found out it was missing this piece. I got a used one from a member on here and having it replaced tomorrow. That's got to be the most annoying sound when you forget to roll up the window before shutting the door.

Been there before fixed that in my white 97 back in 2004, my black 98 in 2007 and my current 98 a few months ago!!!

This thread gave me the motivation to finally go out there and check out was was going on in there. Mines been broken for over a year and first thought it was due to a part I threw away early last year when I put my components in. It wasn't once I saw the pictures DLF provided.

Anyway's, it was laying in the door. Used a couple rivets and a dabble of jb weld and she'll be ready to go back in 2maro.

Just an FYI, this part comes in left and right. If you need the passenger side, the part# ends in 00A instead of 01A.

Members online

No members online now.
Back