drifting in the ls

um i believe drifting requires a massive amount of power to weight, and well a ls or mark is pretty dang heavy im sure people can do burnouts and donuts etc but drifting i dont see it happening without Insane amount of mods

i found it one day while searching for drifting videos.. i havent stopped laughing since

Oh my gosh, I just laughed my face off! Where do you learn to stunt drive a big vehicle like that?! YOu guys remember in the frst Matrix where the garbage truck gets spun around in a 180, or the Chevy commercials with the big rig's trailer going sideways (perpendicular) to the way the truck was going? Where the crap do you learn/get taught how to do that?! Cars are one thing, everyone plays Gone in 60 with a rental car, but having a garbage truck to play around with is not a common thing at all.

the possibility of drifting the ls is quite possible (easier with SST). It comes down more to if your speed drifting or finesse/style drifting. I've drifted the LS speed drifting but style drifting (more angle) is impossible thanks to peg legging (no LSD). The power to weight ratio is important, but anything is possible with the proper skill.

- Drifter

No LS has a LSD - yet - so no drifting.

I started to get a drift going in a parking lot when it was pouring rain. it was raining so hard there was a 1/4 inch on the black top cause it couldn't drain away fast enough. anyway I couldn't keep it up but that might be because I really didn't know what I was doing.

on ice it is a little easier.

anyway can someone explain the LSD to me, I think I know what it does but I wonder why the LS doesn't have one, I thought it would "safer" to have one.

the possibility of drifting the ls is quite possible (easier with SST). It comes down more to if your speed drifting or finesse/style drifting. I've drifted the LS speed drifting but style drifting (more angle) is impossible thanks to peg legging (no LSD). The power to weight ratio is important, but anything is possible with the proper skill.

- Drifter

Thats my man rite there!! if they drift a single cam AE86 with no mods, u can drift with anything!

ABout LSD, I know sombody who put one and hes ponting on how to get mine to burn my rear tires :D

LSD is called Limited Slip Differential. They can come in many different variations, One way, Two Way, etc. and depending on the type they can be fully locked, where the rear tires spin at the same revolutions on accleration or decelleration, or it can be a LSD that only "locks" the rear axle to spin at the same revolutions on acceleration and not decelleration. Vice versa, locks on decelleration and not on acceleration. The main reason why the LS doesn't have a LSD is cost, wear and tear, and it in particular isn't very "safe".

Thats my man rite there!! if they drift a single cam AE86 with no mods, u can drift with anything!

ABout LSD, I know sombody who put one and hes ponting on how to get mine to burn my rear tires :D

I know many, depending on the type rolla is always fun, but yeh i've drifted high hp/torque cars as well as, <100 hp engines but still drift. It is the driver who makes the car, not the other way.

Ill agree with that befor I had to get new tires I used to drift my Ls out on the county roads If I can find some wheels and old tires Ill video my self and put them on Youtube its all the driver! but power helps a hole heck of a lot....

Members online

Back