Door Panel Swap

kevinspann

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, i tried to search but couldnt find anything.

Can a Gen 2 door panel be swapped into a gen 1?

And how difficult is it?

yes it can, it will bolt right on just like the gen 1 panel, the hard part will be cutting all the switch plugs out of the gen 2 and figuring out how to wire them to your gen 1 to make all the door switches work. i have black interior in my 93, and a pair of gorgeous black 97 panels, next time i get a 2nd gen in, im cutting all the plugs i need to do the swap. so i'll find out how bad its gonna suck!!!

this guy did..... its a 96 lsc
2055351_6.jpg

2055351_7.jpg

2055351_35.jpg

2055351_26.jpg

Ah, cool~

Does anyone know where to find the door wiring diagrams for the 93-96 and 97-98 doors?

most likely in the service manuals, some guys on here have them maybe someone will be kind enough to post those specific pages out of them.

Like Jamie said just a bunch of do it your self wireing, the windows are easy just match the color's up, the locks are not.

Just have a wire diagram from a 97 and a 94 and it's prity simple.

yup, just roll the leather up off the gen II seats, do the same for the gen I and swap the foam and reinstalll gen II leather. I have to do another one, I will be sure to do a write up on it.

Markviiiedera that interior looks great. Makes me want to forget about the maintence items I need and convert my interior to black lol.

I think that I kinda like the gen 1 door panels a bit more as well. I like everything about the Gen 1 more except for the neat neon tail lamp, I have always thought it was very cool looking.

does anyone know where can i find a custom interior shop in NC

Members online

No members online now.
Back