Door keeps freezing Against the seal

I've had to do the door frame pull on all 4 cars I've owned during the winter including the mark. I don't trust any plastic door handles anymore. Sh*t, my mark viii doors stick even during the summer for some reason, only car I've had that does it in warm weather. I tell all my friend's that get in my car to pull from the top of the door, and they all look at me like I'm nuts haha, I usually won't unlock the door for them until i see their hand reaching for the top of the door..I don't need to be buying, painting and installing new door handles becuase people are dumb..

I've had to do the door frame pull on all 4 cars I've owned during the winter including the mark. I don't trust any plastic door handles anymore. Sh*t, my mark viii doors stick even during the summer for some reason, only car I've had that does it in warm weather. I tell all my friend's that get in my car to pull from the top of the door, and they all look at me like I'm nuts haha, I usually won't unlock the door for them until i see their hand reaching for the top of the door..I don't need to be buying, painting and installing new door handles becuase people are dumb..

If I don't use my pass door for a while it'll stick in warm weather . I'm sure this trick would help with that too.

OK went out today an my drivers door was open and it wont latch closed...the handle seems to work fine but th latch wont catch...is this the dreaded broken door handle? I have no prob taking off the door panel and replacing parts but had to steal the wife's car to go to work and needed to know if I need to get a door handle... yanked the neg cable so the battery wont drain as even with the door pushed closed the lights stay on inside.
Seems like a latch problem but never had a busted handle soooo any thoughts would help :)

My door did this a couple weeks ago but it was cold and frozen. I slammed the door 9 or 10 times over the course of a couple minutes and it finally latched closed. Not sure what's going on with your's. I bet it'll work fine once it warms up.

P.s. My marquis used to do this once and a while as well.

OK hmmm might take all apart and use graphite...I did just use some silicone spray a few days ago...might have trapped some water in the mech. Thanks -will try to heat it up after work.

Awesome it was just frozen! Thanks for the tips! I will degrease and use graphite and WD40 as appropriate.

Members online

No members online now.
Back