Door Blend

Jafeb

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a 98 Mark VIII LSC with no heat. I know this is a common problem with this car. I'm aware there's a temporary fix with the door blend. The issue I'm having is I can't the grey lever. Does anyone have pictures for the lever?

A picture doesn't really show it because its hidden pretty well. Pull the glove box down all the way (remove the clip on the right side and push in on the stop tabs on either side), its on the left side but you can barely see it. Its gray. You can barely see the end of it that has the rotating axle - the other end, even more to the left, is what moves up and down.

A picture doesn't really show it because its hidden pretty well. Pull the glove box down all the way (remove the clip on the right side and push in on the stop tabs on either side), its on the left side but you can barely see it. Its gray. You can barely see the end of it that has the rotating axle - the other end, even more to the left, is what moves up and down.

+1
The lever is about an inch long moves only about 3/8 of an inch.
Down will give you heat.
If you point it down you have to have the fan on full to hold it there, when you shut the fan off it will go back to the up position.
For a temp fix I zip tied mine in the down position.

Why would you need heat in Huntington Beach?

The reason the blend door fails is because the plastic shaft breaks or cracks and wont rotate. The blend door module itself is usually not the problem. When I had my 97 I had to replace the blend door. I took my broke one and fixed it. Here are some pics.

IMG_019.jpg

IMG_020.jpg

IMG_021.jpg

new ones are redesigned and dont break and only cost 30 bucks. to go through the trouble of taking half the car apart, to temporarily fix a broken one is a waste in my opinion, for 30 bucks you can fix it right and for good!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back