Don't you just hate it when you come out to your car and see this.

^ agreed though you would need to thin it out and apply multiple coats.

Ha ha. Yeah I about died when he said that. I have a degree in this stuff pretty much all will come out except a 4 inch gouge in the bumper that will drive me crazy unless I get it painted
Died? Really? Looks like he got it cleaned up nicely. I worked as a bodyman for 10 years. My daughter just bumped our LS against a yellow pole. There was a little transfer. Wanna guess how I got it off? 4 seconds, a rag, and a little carb cleaner. Really you should do whatever you're comfortable with. I like fast and easy but quality.

Sometime, you should ask how to get painted on pinstripes or sap off!

^ So....uhm...uh how do you get painted on pinstrips or sap off?;)

For sap Rain-X works about the best I've found, though straight rubbing alcohol works well.

In the body shop we used oven cleaner (Easy-Off) to remove painted on pinstripes. This also works on graphics painted on with One-Shot or similar enamel. The paint beneath should be OE or quality automotive refinish. Removal of Painted Kenworth Truck Lettering - YouTube We didn't always sand like she did.

Died? Really? Looks like he got it cleaned up nicely. I worked as a bodyman for 10 years. My daughter just bumped our LS against a yellow pole. There was a little transfer. Wanna guess how I got it off? 4 seconds, a rag, and a little carb cleaner. Really you should do whatever you're comfortable with. I like fast and easy but quality.

Sometime, you should ask how to get painted on pinstripes or sap off!

Ok so I was a little dramatic thats just not how I would choose to do it. I just did it the old fashion way with some good old rubbing compound cleaned it up and polished it out nice and simple. There where some smaller scratches in the paint that I wanted to clean up so it was maybe a 5 min job.

Members online

No members online now.
Back