Don't take your car to Jiffy Lube!

G

GrayGhost1

Jiffy Lube caught with their pants down not performing work they charged. It seems to me to be a wide spread problem too. Especially since one of the District Managers lied about who he is. I love the one comment from the mechanic, "they caught us on video". Classic!

http://www.nbc4.tv/video/9152183/detail.html#

lol i need to learn how to perform an oil change its time to buy that dvd manual

Holy crap!

I had my old Saturn done at Mr Lube (the Canadian equivilant) once.
They left an oily rag under under my hood and it burst into flames on the highway:eek:

I do everything myself now...

I had taken my mark there once to get the oil changed along with the filter. They never changed the filter..ill never go back there...but for some reason mom would rather trust them with her car over me. oh well, i got the money in the bank :)

I took my 97 Mk VIII to a 10 minute oil change shop. They stripped the bottom two bolts on my air cleaner box. Told me they were having trouble getting it off. They never did get it off. I cussed em like a dog. It doesn't take alot of brain power to do this kind of work. I wouldn't let these cheese dicks work on my daughters tricycle much less change the oil in my car again.

I don't know why anyone would bring their car to a jiffy, or speedy, or what ever. Oil change yourself would be around $10 (or less) with equivalent materials.

1 time I brought my car to one of those places. (one of my GP). When I went to change the oil the next time. 6-7 quarts came out.... overflowing my 5 quart container I used to catch the 4 quarts that were supposed to be in there. Then I had to replace my pcv also because it was all gunked up from the oil that was pushed all over the place in my motor from the excessive amount of pressure caused by the oil.

crab daddy said:
I don't know why anyone would bring their car to a jiffy, or speedy, or what ever. Oil change yourself would be around $10 (or less) with equivalent materials.

what kinda crapp asss oil are you buyin that its $10. Well i guess organic is cheeper than syn. ($42 for royal gayzor)

I Threatened To Take Them To Court When I Had A Overheating Problem (discussed In A Previous Thread). They Put The Wrong Oil, They Didnt Change My Filter, Because They Didnt Have One, Charged To Check All Levels And Pcv Valve. Still Thinking About It. Dam They Piss Me Off.

chriswells78 said:
That's been posted on several other forums that I visit now. Sure makes me glad that I do everthing myself.

Amen. I take my cars, and everything else for that matter, to NOONE.I'd rather spend a week researching and figuring something out than let anyone else touch a tool to my cars.

...especially some 16 year old stoner who was bagging groceries a week ago.

Neighbor had jiffy lube put the the wrong filter on, stripped the threads on the filter. That was back in Oct. He is still trying to get them to replace the motor that blew as a result. They keep saying it is under investigation and t hey will call him back. They never do, he has to call and call and call. He has a dead car in his driveway because they told him not to touch it until they complete their investigation - 8 friggin months. i would have gotten legal help on the way home that day!

MrWilson said:
what kinda crapp asss oil are you buyin that its $10. Well i guess organic is cheeper than syn. ($42 for royal gayzor)

You can easily get the same crap oil and filter that a jiffy lube would put on your car for that. I have done it for years in my wifes 2000 grand am. jug of advance auto oil was $5.xx and advance filter was 1.xx for a grand total of somewhere around $7 for a change.... same quality as jiffy lube at a 1/4 price

now in my grand prix I use mobil 1 supersyn and k&n filter (roughly $40 to do myself) and would cost a heck of a lot more from a jiffy lube or what ever

Yeah I heard a dirty rumor that all that "house" oil they use is reclaimed oil, nice...... My car would be screaming "Ok who did I piss off to get this nasty tasting stuff in my gut"...:yuck: :runaway: :mad:

Members online

No members online now.
Back