Donor Parts Questions...

Calkins

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I get lost everytime I try to read about swapping trannys into a Mark. Some say this, and some say that. I read that the '98 Mark tranny was the best, then also that a non-Mark post-98 tranny is. Whatever. :confused:

A co-worker's father rolled his '00 F-150 5.4L/auto. I asked about buying the heads for my 'keep' pile. The dad said he'd sell me the motor/tranny combo cheap :D

SO, would this tranny be the perferred 'stock' upgrade? Also, what else should I try to get? Engine harness, tranny harness, complete body harness and computers?

Rant over... :rolleyes:

The trans off of a 5.4 isn't going to fit onto a 4.6. Even if it would, there are going to be a lot of differences about the trans. The one from the 5.6 should be a 6-speed 6R75 and not a 4R70W 4-speed.

If you could find another trans out of a 98 Mark, you could swap out the electrical internals from your current trans and put them into the 98, including the wiring harness. While the trans is out, go ahead and do the J-Mod so that it will get sufficient fluid flow and help it go into gears better, quicker, ect...

As for the trans off the 5.4, I'm not sure if the bolt up pattern would be the same. They have them for V-6's and the bolt up isn't the same for them either.

Members online

No members online now.
Back