Does anyone know the best way to wire up electric fan

white2000ls

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a v6 ls and i want to convert my fan to electric, my hydraulic one wont come on at all. I have an aftermarket universal fan and thermostat switch for it but i want to know the best way to wire it. I find it hard since the battery is in the rear.

I made a little write up a while ago but I remember I tapped into a wire on the a/c compressor from the top. There is some wires running on the front of the drivers side valve cover. I tapped my power to the starter I think. This was the case for the V8 anyways

there are available taps in the underhood fuse box (you can even add a fuse there). then measure the output of the electrical signal going to the pump - it's from the PCM and when to turn it on and high/low - so you can probably use that to trigger the electric fan relay.

Needing help with this, I have dual fans in mine, (two small singles that fit perfectly between the rad end caps...) Which switched hot did you use? I have the relay, and all the proper equipment. The fan was grounded properly and didn't come on with KOEOff, does it only work with KOEOn? (For comparison, KOEON = Key on, engine on. KOEOFF is Key on, engine off.)

Thanks in advance!

huh, you learn something new every day. most people think that the starter on a Lincoln LS is on top of the motor...

also those videos should only be used to show people how not to install an electric fan...

I have wired two fans in on mine, you'll need the wiring harness 13.00, and the fans of your choice. I can direct you to the proper switched hot, and constant hot.

Members online

No members online now.
Back