Does Anyone have step by step instructions to do Sequential Tail Lights

crsh4115

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys i need to see if anyone has instruction to do sequential tail lights. debi and i would like to do it to our car. also need to know what i need to do it( list of parts).
thanks guys
chris and debi.......

One of Jamie's friends down in FL. done it and made a video and put it on youtube but I don't believe he included instructions. Seems like he was in the process of getting it to work and hiding wires and stuff.

This one: I don't remember who it was though. Maybe take that date and look back through the threads and find out how he done it.

Mark VIII Sequential Lights - YouTube

aww man. we're double posting youtube videos again.

on topic, but applying to first gens only, it would be easy enough to wire a sequential blinker to the lights in the trunk bar. but they are single filament, so if the running lights are on, you wont see it. so you'll have to change all of them to dual filament bulbs instead.

Did it...know how I did it very simple

Also modified flasher to flash slower worked out good video on YouTube....I modified trunk lens to fit a 1157 style socket and bulb..needed 6 total...if I was to do again I would do 3157 style socket instead

Why 3157...or 1157...one side of bulb is dimmer and allows you to keep your running lights then the other side of bulb was your blinker and brake....now also keep in mind risk for overloading circuit and ruining brake light switch or blowing fuse...never experienced either and worked flawlessly for 2 yrs

Did it...know how I did it very simple

Also modified flasher to flash slower worked out good video on YouTube....I modified trunk lens to fit a 1157 style socket and bulb..needed 6 total...if I was to do again I would do 3157 style socket instead

Why 3157...or 1157...one side of bulb is dimmer and allows you to keep your running lights then the other side of bulb was your blinker and brake....now also keep in mind risk for overloading circuit and ruining brake light switch or blowing fuse...never experienced either and worked flawlessly for 2 yrs

Would this be for blinker purposes? Do you have a wright up on this? Pics or something of wiring? This thread interest me!

Polish your headlights Spree, then do sequentials

Want to see how bright they are 1st, tonight is the big test, it's back to work then coming home at 1am. Haven't really tested them out yet.
Back to the sequentials, I couldn't tell from the vid. Is the corner light part of the sequence for a total of 4 lights?

Your avatar looks like it has cataracts, shiney headlights make it look like a newer car, go make fix! -you'll like it

Yes 4 lights, some people use the 3 bulb kit and wire the inner 2 most bulbs together to where they blink at the sane rate

I've got something up my sleeve... Well my scratchpad anyway.. Need to write up some code and test...

You can use a modern Challenger module (they have 4 lights per side.)
Ideally for the best effect you want to convert the trunk lights to dual filament incandescent as you'll get the 'fade' they have that leds don't, imho. It's a bit of wiring/modding to convert them, and there can be heat issues this way.

Looks cool though in the end. I really should get a video of the chase/sequential tails I have. :D

The guy I got my module from only did mine as a one-off :( but there are places with Challenger kits like WebElectric or you can use a 3 light kit from them too, or Meter4it (Gary, the guy I got mine from) as he still does them for the 'stangs. The chase ones from Gary are very cool and just a bit different then regular sequentials :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back