Disable window/sunroof opening

JMT03LSV8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, I have tried several different searches and looked through the owners manual. Is there any way to disable the key fob unlock button from opening the windows and sunroo?. I always keep my keys in my pocket and on 2 occasions have gone out to my car and everything is open.

haha thats actually how i found out i had that option.

maybe try a different pocket or get a lanyard. :D

You must wear some tight pants.

And wtf you guys must have super range on your FOBs. I basically have to be in sight of my car probably 20 yards or less to actually get it to work. And that is with fresh batteries.

And wtf you guys must have super range on your FOBs. I basically have to be in sight of my car probably 20 yards or less to actually get it to work. And that is with fresh batteries.

i have like no range at all. my car was in the my garage when it happened.

OK, I have tried several different searches and looked through the owners manual. Is there any way to disable the key fob unlock button from opening the windows and sunroo?. I always keep my keys in my pocket and on 2 occasions have gone out to my car and everything is open.

There's a wire that you can cut, but the driver's window would still open. I guess you could just unplug that window motor too.

Perhaps it would be easier to:
1. Just not use or keep the remote with you.
2. Rig some sort of shield over the remote buttons.

There's a wire that you can cut, but the driver's window would still open. I guess you could just unplug that window motor too.

Perhaps it would be easier to:
1. Just not use or keep the remote with you.
2. Rig some sort of shield over the remote buttons.

Or just disconnect the battery when you get out of the car. :D

Or just disconnect the battery when you get out of the car. :D

if you do that make sure your key actually works the trunk lock I found out the hard way mine no longer does and it was a pain to get into the trunk trust me

You must wear some tight pants.

Hey are you making fun of "John Travolta, Saturday night Fever, polyester bell bottoms?" LOL

Both times it happened I fell asleep on the couch and I guess whatever else I had in my pocket pressed against the button. It's not that I think it's a silly option to have just wish something you could disable.

As far as range goes, it seems like one time you use the fob, the range is short and the next time it's farther.

Thanx for the replies everybody. Just have to be more careful.

Newer keyfobs have harder to press buttons...that can solve the issue.

Members online

No members online now.
Back