Dim angel eyes and HID's issues

04TXLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have intermittent issues with my HID's and Angel eyes.

One of the HID bulbs will not come on at start but after you turn off the lights and turn them back on, it turns on and stays on. I purchased these through DDM tunning. Is this an issue with the balast?

Angels eyes: Seem like a similar issue. but instead of not coming on at all, the passenger side comes on half way. This issue is not easily resolved. It usually takes alot longer for my car to turn them back on. At night the passenger side angel eyes are always on. They are not bright but more of a dim color. Do I have something wired incorrectly? I have the eyes wired to the parking lights.

I have been getting a passenger door ajar issue. I've tried lithium grease, but still not solution. I dont know if the passenger door ajar issue could be the cause of the electrical issues in the lights.

And help is greatly needed guys, thanks for all your help.

Hid sounds like a ballast issue

Cant help with the angel eyes other then re check your wiring. Make sure the groumd is clean

Photos of the eyes will help, but it almost sounds like you could have the issue some of us ran into with bending the large ring. It breaks the solder point halfway through the ring, gotta beef it.

Sorta the same topic...just installed angel eyes to my parking lights and they look great, but my radio display and message center are now so dim that I can't see them during the day. What should I do?

Sorta the same topic...just installed angel eyes to my parking lights and they look great, but my radio display and message center are now so dim that I can't see them during the day. What should I do?

This is seriously not a sarcastic question: Did you check the dimmer setting? It's happened before on here where someone's displays were dimmed and they thought there was a problem with their car.

This is seriously not a sarcastic question: Did you check the dimmer setting? It's happened before on here where someone's displays were dimmed and they thought there was a problem with their car.

I am guilty of that.... :shifty:

Although I did find some corrosion around some of my light fuses and wires. Got that all cleaned up now.

Not gonna lie, but that was it :shifty: didn't take me long after I posted the question about it before I figured it out. Not my proudest moment lol

i had this problem a lot with one of my DDM's, it was also flickering a lot, they replaced it and it pretty much went away. i do say pretty much because at least once a month it just flashes with out turning on, turning the lights off then back on fixes the problem for another few weeks.

also, dont know if it has anything to do with it or not but, my DDM's wouldn't work at all until i wired in relays for them, they would just flash and stay off 100% of the time before the relays.

I didn't want to create another thread regarding the angel eyes. Well now after one year my angel eyes is so DIM and it flickers. It is the Umnitza Orion V2. I wired it directly to the battery, And the car stays in my garage. I only put approximately 3,000 miles on it for the last year. what could be the issues? Pictures below are the before and after.

Before: IMG_20130524_170813.jpg
After: 20130614_143638.jpg20130614_143616.jpg20130614_143622.jpg

IMG_20130524_170813.jpg

20130614_143638.jpg

20130614_143616.jpg

20130614_143622.jpg

Haven't seen them fail like that before. Its weird that it happened to all of them, the exact same way. What have you done to check them?

check the bends in the wiring, mine were good until I tried cleaning up the wires by folding, zip tying, and tucking. Then I tried them and they did kinda same thing as yours. apparently i broke a wire when bending.

Haven't seen them fail like that before. Its weird that it happened to all of them, the exact same way. What have you done to check them?
I checked the wiring from the battery all the way to engine bay at first and did not see anything wrong, no exposed wires that are touching the body, but from what G-RELL said below I started moving the wires from the white ballast and the angel eyes went lit and bright again.

check the bends in the wiring, mine were good until I tried cleaning up the wires by folding, zip tying, and tucking. Then I tried them and they did kinda same thing as yours. apparently i broke a wire when bending.
Well I found the culprit, as I said above, and discovered one wire is bent and pinched, no exposed wire. I straightened it up and Bamn! angel eyes are lit and bright.

Thanks ALAX7 and G-RELL for the help... :cool:

Good to hear man... Yeah I had just installed a new ballast for mine, $6 on ebay, and it worked perfectly, cleaned up the wiring and same thing (went dim on me).. Undid the wiring, and back to normal.... must be some brittle wires in these?

Members online

No members online now.
Back