dies while driving

Sapperfire

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
just coming to the house for lunch and it died for no reason twice, hmmm
has a new battery, has fuel, and it starts right back up with no hesitation

lets hear the onslaught of ideas

yeah, ill check that when i get back to the shop

may need a fuel filter, im hoping its not the other thing, further in the back ( you know)

IAC, dirty air filter or intake leak after MAF.

Mine does it sometimes to I just leave the AC on and it doesn't do it but I have a whole onslaught on things to do that will probbanly fix it. I'd look at fuel pressure. I'm going to monitor mine for a while while I wait on e other parts to come in.

IAC.... could be.

keatonsdad,...does it hit the engine hard when the clutch kicks in ?

Nope when the car dies it's like it just shuts off like the idle is to low. Leaving the ac on leaves the idle high enough it doesn't do it

I vote IAC, had the exact same problem on my black gen II. New IAC fixed it right up.

Does it start right up after it dies? When my IAC went bad my car would start then just die unless I held my foot onto the gas

You didn't tell us when it dies or how
So I can't speculate
Good call. It happened twice while turning and moving about 20 mph.

I retract my previous guess. Low fuel or too much crap in the tank or failing pump is my new guess.

Nope when the car dies it's like it just shuts off like the idle is to low. Leaving the ac on leaves the idle high enough it doesn't do it

Never ever had anything like that happen the whole time I had it. But, I didnt drive it much either.....

sometimes when a fuel pump starts to fail, if it gets too hot due to low fuel level, it will quit. mine does it, so i always keep at least a 1/4 tank of gas in it. summer is here.

also, sometimes the fuel line right before the fuel filter gets crimped from removing the old filter too gingerly. mine was crimped so i replaced the line and fitting.

Dunno, havent checked yet, mechanics don't have time to work on their own cars

Chiped... reclean the connector on the ecu... unless you physically split the entire ECU case and scraped, sanded, and clean the connector with IPA you didn't clean it well enough.

Chiped... reclean the connector on the ecu... unless you physically split the entire ECU case and scraped, sanded, and clean the connector with IPA you didn't clean it well enough.
That chip has been in there for years.

Had similar symptoms happen in two entirely different cars...
Sadly, fuel pump both times.
Wish you luck!

yeah i wasnt gonna say that one part... just cause....itll hear me

Members online

No members online now.
Back