Did LSEs come with 16" rims?

my guess along with it having a front end issue is maybe a flood? or fire? damage because why would you change the seats? are those really the 03+ seats? i thought the 03+ seats looked different. plus the pictures of the tires, its very clear one is worn down wayy more than the other, although this could be due to neglecting rotating the tires, but i think front end damage is causing the tires to wear odd, plus the tires don't even seem to have the same tread pattern? maybe this car is fake and just made for us to examine and decipher it? ahhaha

maybe the guys like the LSC seats better took them off and placed them on the LS.

Yea, you are right. I didn't look at all pictures. They looked like the small 00-02 ones for a second.

LS4me said:
Nope. Those are the larger '03 head restraints.

guys you know what i just noticed, i mean this car had me fooled for a minute there. But the exhaust tips dont line up with the bumper cutouts. Take a look for yourself.

fakelse.gif

this thing must have been through a chop shop.
what year did they stop putting the "LS" on the front quarter panels?

its at a "Mint Car and Truck Rental" and they rent by the day, week, and month. I bet it was a rental that got wrecked, partially fixed (half-ass anyway). Those are +03 seats, doesnt even have the original key, the seat switches dont match the seat, theyre from a black interior. Something does smell a little fishy about this car.

My guess is that its an 02 LSE that was in an accident. As mentioned above, the front bumper is totally wrong, and the exhaust tips are not centered on the cutouts. Also, there is a strut cover missing (the one in front of the power brake resevoir). To me, that's a dead giveaway for being in an accident.

Here's what the 2002 Order Guide for the LS says is included in an LSE package:

NEW ARRAYS
Lincoln LSE Array (available on V6 Auto, V6 Manual and V8 Auto)

This array was created in response to dealer and consumer
requests for a more individual, aggressively styled, modified
sport appearance LS.

Start with Sport array content and add:

• Standard 17" aluminum, 5-spoke, two-tone Blade Grey
wheels
• Optional 17" aluminum, 5-spoke, Chrome Wheels (64C)
• Modified upper grille: Blade Grey with color-keyed upper
trim piece
• Modified front fascia: unique fascia with round fog lamps
• Unique side rocker panels: color-keyed
• Unique rear valence: color-keyed
• Dual stainless steel exhaust tips
• Rear license plate surround: color-keyed
• LSE badge
• LSE floormats
Available Colors and Trim:
• Black Clearcoat (UA) with Light Graphite (42) and Deep
Charcoal (4W) trim
• Silver Birch Clearcoat (JP) with Light Graphite (42) and
Deep Charcoal (4W) trim

Note the wheels are supposed to be 5-spoke, not 6 or 7. Aside from the wheels and the front bumper, everything else appears to be there. Now that said, I think something is fishy about this car.

My guess is that its an 02 LSE that was in an accident.

Note the wheels are supposed to be 5-spoke, not 6 or 7. Aside from the wheels and the front bumper, everything else appears to be there. Now that said, I think something is fishy about this car.

Except for the '03 base V6 seats.

I think it is worse than an accident. Maybe a flooded car from NO.

Except for the '03 base V6 seats.

Perhaps. I find it hard to tell. If you look at the Order Guides for 2002 and 2003, the base V6 for each year had the same type of seats: 8-way power driver and 6-way power passenger with manual lumbar control (I believe thats what those black knobs are). OTOH, the headrests sure look like 2003 style. I just don't know.... Regardless, that LS is a bit whacked.

Staff online

Members online

Back