Did LSEs come with 16" rims?

DarkMansLSEV8 said:
no i believe they all came out with the 17 sport package wheels.

That's what I figured - I'm guessing this car has had some damage or been a donor

thats a completely fake LSE. It doesnt even have the front LSE bumper.

I thought all the LSE's also had the wood on top of the steering wheel,too. But I may be wrong

First of all, it isn't a V6. Second of all, the LSE was an appearance package that had the sport package stuff, including the all leather steering wheel. Those could be 17" wheels. Can't tell from the picture, but Lincoln did have a 7-spoke 17" wheel.

Looks like it could be an LSE. Easy way to tell is to run the vin.

My first impression is that the car is an 02 LSE. The car has the LSE side skirts, LSE rear lower valance and the LSE exhaust tips. It may be that the car was in a collision in the front and they didn't put the LSE front fascia back on the car. Also, on the VIN label you see below it shows that the car came with the 235/50-17 tires which indicates that the LS is a sport. The SST is a dead give away as well. Those wheels are 16" rims and probably were swapped out. As Mike stated above the only true way to find out is to call Lincoln and have them run the VIN. They can tell you if was originally an LSE.

41.JPG

4.JPG

02V8Sport said:
just had it put through a carfax and its a regular LS.

out of curiousity, carfax tells you the package the car came with? i.e LSE, Sport Package, Base Model clue me in on this.

plus they did'nt do a very good job painting the side skirts to match the car, paint looks brighter on the side skirts.

eastcoast27959 said:
out of curiousity, carfax tells you the package the car came with? i.e LSE, Sport Package, Base Model clue me in on this.

Many automotive databases dont list the LSE. Just the LS.

I agree with Ken. I think it's an LSE. I doubt someone would go to the effort of adding side skirts, the rear bumper cover, the original factory quad exhaust tips..... but leave the front end stock LS.

Downgrading the wheels has me stumped, though

Did anybody notice the seats? They have different layout and a manual adjustment for the back middle part.

HyeLifeLS said:
Did anybody notice the seats? They have different layout and a manual adjustment for the back middle part.

i see now, that layout is not in my 2000. lincoln didn't happen to change the layout in 2002 did they? also the lower grille is missing the passenger side access panel piece. i have a bad feeling about this car..

EDIT: (DETAILED CarfaxTM SCROLL BELOW) No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 2002 LINCOLN LS (1LNHM87A92Y709370).
maybe it was totalled in the backroads where there was no police report filed??? thats what happened to my boys truck, the truck ended up sitting over night then we got someone to tow it. no police report no nothing just a totaled truck

mfr in 9/02? and it's an 02?? my 03 was made maybe a month later (I'll have to check)....

good catch beaups. The paint code is also JP which came out for 2003+ model. Which is Silver Birch Metallic. The 00-02 is supposed to have Silver Frost which is TS. weird.

02V8Sport said:
good catch beaups. The paint code is also JP which came out for 2003+ model. Which is Silver Birch Metallic. The 00-02 is supposed to have Silver Frost which is TS. weird.
It is true that the Silver Birch color was standard in 2003 and up but it was also introduced in late 2002 as well. You can get the 2002 LSE grille from Ford in either Black, Silver Frost or Silver Birch. So, some LSE's in 2002 were painted Silver Birch.

LS4me said:
Those are '03 seats. Looks like from a base V6.
and pre 03 console. something is weird here. I can't remember the word for it but seems like it could be one of those cars where 2 scrap cars are "merged" together? seems like a lot of base v6 parts on it (wheels, seats, etc.)...possibly vin. can anyone check if that vin is for a v6 or v8?

beaups said:
and pre 03 console. something is weird here. I can't remember the word for it but seems like it could be one of those cars where 2 scrap cars are "merged" together? seems like a lot of base v6 parts on it (wheels, seats, etc.)...possibly vin. can anyone check if that vin is for a v6 or v8?
The A in the VIN indicates that it's a V8, as does the M87. According to the VIN, it is, indeed, a 2002 LS V8; if it were a V6, instead of M87A, it would have an M86S in the VIN.

The presence of the base 2nd Gen LS seats, the 16" wheels, and the absence of the LSE front fascia would suggest that the car has been in some sort of front end collision. I have to agree with Ken; it makes no sense to install the excessively expensive parts of the LSE trim while skipping the most readily identifiable LSE attribute.

As for it being totalled but unreported, that's simply not possible--if it's totalled, the insurance company has decided that the cost of repair exceeds (or is close enough to) the value of that car, and has written a check for the total value of the car. If the insurance company is not involved, by definition, it cannot be totalled.

It can, however, be wrecked without being reported. If the driver were, say, an unmarried male under 25 who ran into something, it's highly possible that he would buy the cheapest available front fascia and pay out-of-pocket to have it repaired, rather than becoming the marijuana spider to the insurance company's crack spider...

GrayGhost1 said:
It is true that the Silver Birch color was standard in 2003 and up but it was also introduced in late 2002 as well. You can get the 2002 LSE grille from Ford in either Black, Silver Frost or Silver Birch. So, some LSE's in 2002 were painted Silver Birch.

I actually have one in Silver Birch. Manufactured in 10/02

This totally looks like an '02 LSE that never had the LSE front fascia replaced. The tailpipes would be my biggest argument. That's a lot of work to put into making it look like an LSE without replacing the bumper. Everything else out of it looks authentic LSE to me, even the paint matched bumper and license plate surrounds. The only thing that looks out of place to me is the front bumper which doesn't look as sun faded as the rest of the car.

The wheels got me stumped though.

Of course this is all just my opinion.

What a strange peice of work. The seats don't match, and take a look at he passenger side doors. They look different colors. SOmething tells me that it WAS and original LSE, wrecked up front and something crazy happened with the rear seats and wheels. They must have poked a hole in the seat or it was hit so hard that the seats broke? My guess is that they mesed up on or more of the rims and found a set of four crappy OEM 16s with tires and slapped them on there and sold the other sport wheels. Makes perfect since that this car was an original LSe just wrecked and put back together with the wrong puzzle peices..

Wouldnt touch it.

Pretty sure that's a '02 LSE. Most likely the previous owner wasnt a car nut, and when it came time to replace the tires, they hit up eBay and figured why not just get a OEM rim and tire combo for less than the cost of new 17" tires?

People do that all the time.

you know what im guessing, that this car was in a front end collision, you can tell b/c the front bumper is missing that little grill section on the pass side, which means that the front bumper facial was tampered with. And im guessing that the previous owner bought himself another LS withouth the LSE package and strapped the rims from the LSE onto the LS and then went on ebay and bought some cheap wheels for this car. First thing Id do is call them up and go check out the car. Dont even think about getting it before trying test driving it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back