Did a search, no results. Need some help!

Fredbgt02

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, getting close to getting this thing sorted and back on the road but I noticed some wetness today on the driver side floor board. Also thinking back I do recall when I first picked it up noticing some water in the lower front door pocket . Any info or ideas?

Hey everyone, getting close to getting this thing sorted and back on the road but I noticed some wetness today on the driver side floor board. Also thinking back I do recall when I first picked it up noticing some water in the lower front door pocket . Any info or ideas?

No concrete answer for you but your post is very vague. "Wetness"... Water, oil, or coolant?

Sorry, presumably water. So far I haven't noticed a smell like it's coolant and it hasn't stained anything or felt oily.

Might be a bad door gasket allowing rain in ?? Might have to sit in it and have someone spray it with a hose to confirm.

Does it have a sunroof and if so does it seem to fit tightly ??

Yes it has a sunroof, it seems to be in there and operate fine. I did read somewhere that there is a drain for it behind the front a-piller but I removed both and didn't see anything. The car in question is 2003 LS v8 is that hasn't been mentioned. The hose thing sounds like a good idea.

Yes it has a sunroof, it seems to be in there and operate fine. I did read somewhere that there is a drain for it behind the front a-piller but I removed both and didn't see anything. The car in question is 2003 LS v8 is that hasn't been mentioned. The hose thing sounds like a good idea.

Didn't see anything as in no signs of water, or didn't see anything as in you didn't find the drain hoses? You need to pull the headliner part way down to find the hose connections.

Yep, with the symptoms you're describing most likely the drain tube is detached. An extremely common occurrence on the LS and very easy to fix. The fix sounds harder than it actually is. Just remove the pillar, remove the visor (hardest part of the fix), remove the door weatherstripping, pull down headliner near the door LIGHTLY, reattach hose (mine were black and white colored), zip tie and follow the steps backwards.

but leaking on the drivers side...I've only heard of passengers... is there a hose on the left too?

but leaking on the drivers side...I've only heard of passengers... is there a hose on the left too?

Yes. That's where mine was leaking... driver side. I want to say there are 4 total drain tubes, but I could be wrong. Two in front, two in rear.

Yes. That's where mine was leaking... driver side. I want to say there are 4 total drain tubes, but I could be wrong. Two in front, two in rear.

Yes, four, one for each corner.

Thanks everyone, I will do this today. I didn't see anything though as far as hoses behind the a pillar.

The hoses are not behind the pillars, they are under neath the headliner near the moonroof.

The hoses are not behind the pillars, they are under neath the headliner near the moonroof.

They are not behind the pillar trim. They do run inside the pillars (the hollow part of the metal), I do believe.

Couple of tips from experience: you will need a star bit or a hex bit to remove the visor screws. You will need to detach the plastic piece connected to the visor elbow to get to some of these bolts. Make sure when you are replacing everything that when you screw the bolts back in for the visor you do not crimp or screw through any of the visor wires. Make sure you zip tie the tubes back on so that they don't ever come off again - and put a decent amount of pressure onto the tube to reattach it fully - I used needle nose pliers.

Awesome tips, I went through this on my discovery. Can't believe I'm running into it again lol. I need to stop buying the discontinued cars I couldn't afford when they were still new and had a warranty.

Everything worked out, they were disconnected on both sides! God only knows for how long. Now to just figure out why the power mirrors aren't working and I'm good. For now. Thanks again to you guys on the forum.

Everything worked out, they were disconnected on both sides! God only knows for how long. Now to just figure out why the power mirrors aren't working and I'm good. For now. Thanks again to you guys on the forum.

Glad that worked out, have you checked the fuse box? It could be the rocker switch or the directional switch. If the fuses are in order I would check the switches.

Will do, your talking about the switches on the door right? Just to be clear lol

Will do, your talking about the switches on the door right? Just to be clear lol

Correct! One switch chooses between the left and right mirror and one switch moves the mirror for the corresponding choice.

Members online

No members online now.
Back