Developing Problems on my '03 LS

Status update on the 'ol LS. Still looking for the center console air vent, glued for now. Looking for a head unit got the CD error going on.
Is there a way that you can tell what version of CD player it is without have to pull it? A 3w or a 4w. Got the cooling system fixed. was chasing leaks from one end to the other. Would get one fixed then another would pop up. Changed thermostat, the 9N499 part and the radiator. Just a note here, didn't replace the Deguas bottle. All is fine now cooling wise. When I was putting it back together from changing the 9N499 part one of the bolts to the EGR wouldn't go back in all the way. Get about a third of the way in and feel like it bottomed out, didn't want to force it too much and break the throttle body. Now getting a P0108 code pretty sure that I'm getting a good seal at the EGR. I'll see if I can find a shorter bolt and put that in. Replaced the tranny with a used one and going to rebuild the old one. Got to where the other wouldn't shift pass third. On the used one I'll just replace the solenoid to give me time to get the other rebuilt right. Funny thing the one that I pulled had already been rebuilt at least that was stamped on it. The ol LS has keep me busy but you could say we're bonding.
JE

There's a reason we keep telling everyone to replace all those plastic cooling system parts at once. You'll be replacing the degas bottle too, it's just that doing it later means that you'll be buying more antifreeze. You probably cross threaded the bolt on the EGR. It's easy to do.

Thanks joegr I'll see what I can do about the cross thread. See if I have a tap that matches.

Members online

No members online now.
Back