Dead Car, no way in

Well I just went out to my 2000,ls with no battery, turned the key to lock and unlock the drivers door only, so either my door is full of magical elves, or your wrong...

The very 1st LS that I test drove in 1999 had a dead battery and the driver's door would'nt unlock with the key and I remember that the salesman had to crawl through the trunk to open the door. I was only going on what I saw, I personally have never had a dead battery in my 00 LS, but the key cylinder rod connected to the spare door latch moves freely up/down(with no resistance) and you can hear the micro switch clicking, so maybe it's defective.

Got it

OK crisis averted.

I got into my trunk with a screwdriver manually unhooking the release. The culprit was in fact the douchebag who owned it before me. He replaced the trunk lid but didn't drill the hole for the mechanical lock, and removed the lock from the harness completely. I found the cable stuffed inside the carpeting.

I got a jump and everything is working fine for now, I'll try it again in the morning to see if it holds a charge. Chaulk it up for another half-assed thing I had to fix on this car, because of the idiot before me.

Wait so the replacement trunks done have a hole for the lock? That's crazy!

The driver's door will not unlock with a dead battery.... The key cylinder has a mechanical link to an electrical switch ONLY on the door latch, the electrical switch is wired to the driver's door module, which unlocks the driver's door and sends the signal to the REM for the 3 other doors. (Gen 1)

I'm sorry, but you are completely wrong. I've taken these things apart. I do know what I am talking about here. Whatever experience you had was with one that was defective.

OK crisis averted.

I got into my trunk with a screwdriver manually unhooking the release. The culprit was in fact the douchebag who owned it before me. He replaced the trunk lid but didn't drill the hole for the mechanical lock, and removed the lock from the harness completely. I found the cable stuffed inside the carpeting.

I got a jump and everything is working fine for now, I'll try it again in the morning to see if it holds a charge. Chaulk it up for another half-assed thing I had to fix on this car, because of the idiot before me.

Same with my previous owner(s). Some of the things I have found just left me thinking "really?". Like the trunk lid I replaced from his half-assed spoiler install (which was ugly). The broken plastic cover that runs along the trunk lid hinge from him wiring the third brake like from his half-assed spoiler install (which was ugly). The melted plastic on my intake tube from what I'm assuming was an air cleaner delete (whatever those plastic things things that are attached to the intake tube are). It ended up opening up to allow unmetered and unfiltered air into the engine. Hmmm... what else. Oh! I'm completely missing the interior piece for the trunk lid, didn't even realize it had one until I saw a picture of someone's trunk lid on here. I'm assuming this is from his half-assed spoiler install (which was ugly). Those are just a few issues... Thanks to T-money for the parts for these corrections. Too bad I didn't find out about the trunk lid interior until after. Thanks to this board for allowing me to realize these things are wrong.

Members online

Back