Dead battery, no trunk access.. HELP !!

It's probably possible. Ask Max if he can order one pre-keyed based on your VIN.
That used to be do-able; my neighbor got the dealer to cut a new key based on the VIN of his (then-current-MY) '89 F-150. IIRC, there's a cut-off date on the newer keys, but I don't recall if it is a fixed date or if it's relative to the current MY.
It may also be possible to get a locksmith to rekey your existing trunk lock to work with your key.
That's what I would suggest. Call a locksmith and have him pop the trunk and rekey the lock while he's at it.

what you have to do is get a huge 2 story tall alluminum pipe and plug it into your cigarate lighter. need to push the car to a corner and give yourself enough room to reach 88 mph now at 12noon next saturday there will be a thunderstorm that will hit the corner of your house. you will need to get some metal cables from the corner of your house and have it cross the street now this part is critical. you need to some how push the car to 88mph by noon exact that will allow you to hit the metal cable with your alluminum rod at the same time lightning will strike your house this will produce the needed 1.21 gigawatts you will need to to charge up your car. but as a result you will need to change out your coils after you charge up your car.

carefull now rippedcamel (markviii guy for you ls'ers) read to use brute force to remove his ds valve cover so he used a hammer and smashed the shyt outta it :shifty: careful what you type someone just might try it lolol

yes locksmith should be able to key your cylinder to your existing key

Idk what the heck happend now to the radio/cd changer. I have the non alpine 6cd changer, it was running perfect before the batery died. Now I checked the fuse 14 in the back and its ok. Radio works fine but when I want to switch to CDs it seems freesed! 'CD 1 at minute 79?? That cd isn't a single track mix, it has 17 tracks. I took out the cartridge of cds and comes right out, when inserted back in it takes CD1 in but the radio display still says the same when I switch to CDs. !? Is there any way to like reset the head unit/radio??:mad:

carefull now rippedcamel (markviii guy for you ls'ers) read to use brute force to remove his ds valve cover so he used a hammer and smashed the shyt outta it :shifty: careful what you type someone just might try it lolol

yes locksmith should be able to key your cylinder to your existing key

lol. what's the name of that hammer of death that he used?

I have heard of bieng locked in a trunk...... but out? I woulda had a key made right away.

well it worked right? the valve cover is no longer in the way right :D

the instructions where correct in how you could remove the VC just not the way you should do it. lol

well it worked right? the valve cover is no longer in the way right :D

the instructions where correct in how you could remove the VC just not the way you should do it. lol

except he broke the cam girdles and had to have the eng pulled and the head swapped

hey chicken.. that Mark of yours is bad ass man !! do u have a thread with pics ??

any reason why you cant get someone to help push start the car since its a stick?

any reason why you cant get someone to help push start the car since its a stick?

If the battery is so dead that it can't operate the trunk lock, it is very unlikely it would be able to operate the fuel pump, PCM, fuel injectors, and ignition.

Yea.. The battery is completely dead!! I mean was. It happened to me once a couple of years back and pushing didn't do it. I guess it needs too much speed to start with a dead battery, and still I dnt think that'd worked.
Now I'm frustrated with the CD changer-radio.

If the battery is so dead that it can't operate the trunk lock, it is very unlikely it would be able to operate the fuel pump, PCM, fuel injectors, and ignition.
The battery also needs to have enough of a charge to keep the field up on the alternator or it won't stay running even if you can get it started--I can tell you from experience, LSes (like most modern cars) do not like having dead batteries. My '06 spent a goodly part of December and January in the garage, and it drained the battery rather severely (I didn't realize a Garmin Nuvi 255W was that much of a drain...); it was so far down that my battery booster would start the car, but it would only run for a second or so before dying...

I umplugged the CD changer, +/i of battery. Plressed tight both battery wires then turned radio on. Put it on CD then turned off. Connected the CD changer. Done. Don't know if it has to be done this way to work but it worked to me :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back