dccv pin ID

erictw

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am starting to accumulate these and am wondering if there is a way to check them with a meter. There are three pins on the connector, I am guessing one for each solenoid and a common ground, but they don't seem to be marked in any way, and I have no idea what the proper resistance would be, but I have already changed this once with no improvement and still get ground fault in the code, I'd like to be sure of the part before I change it again.
I have also determined that the easiest way to disconnect the lower hose from the degas bottle is to remove the engine and/or brake booster first. Just a tip.

Have you run the pinpoint testing to determine if it is the DCCV, the wiring, or the DATC? Did you verify that the DCCV/clutch fuse is not blown?
What year is your LS?

There is no common ground. There is a common 12V power pin, the center pin.

the datc test indicates a bad dccv, even though it was just replaced (oem) I still have the original and one from a donor, plus new oem , just want to be sure, lol

the datc test indicates a bad dccv...

No, it does not!
There are four DCCV related codes.
B2797 - Driver Coolant Control Valve Open Circuit
B2798 - Driver Coolant Control Valve Circuit Short to Ground
B2799 - Passenger Coolant Control Valve Open Circuit
B2800 - Passenger Coolant Control Valve Circuit Short to Ground

All of those codes say "circuit." Circuit includes the wiring, the DCCV, and the DATC. It's not just the DCCV. The service manual has the correct test steps that you are supposed to take for each of those codes to determine what the actual problem is. Those steps narrow it down to the valve itself, the wiring, or the DATC. The tests themselves do vary a little depending on which code(s) you have and which generation LS you have.

Note also that there are possible DCCV failures that do not produce any code.

Members online

Back