DCCV Fuse. Check it!

If your DCCV is leaking, then it needs to be replaced. If something else is leaking instead, then that needs to be replaced. It's as simple as that.

The hose being nearly full is normal.

Joegr, long time bro lol. I was thinking that man. This one is less than 3 years old if I remember correctly. I just hoped it wasnt that. I jusy changed my radiator cause it cracked at the upper radiator hose and I also changed the aux water pump. (Thought that's what went bad prior to seeing the crack in the radiator) Do you think it could be anything else before I change this again? Is there any real way to test/check it?

If your DCCV is leaking, then it needs to be replaced. If something else is leaking instead, then that needs to be replaced. It's as simple as that.

The hose being nearly full is normal.

It could be the plastic section of the upper radiator hose...
OEM DCCV or Murray?

Oem dccv. Is there another brand recommended or should I just stick with the oem? The plastic on the upper hose is in great condition

Stick with OEM. You can't tell by looking. If the upper is over seven years old, it needs to be replaced. The same goes for all the rest of the cooling system parts.

Yea I gotcha. All of th cooling parts are maybe, at most, 3-4 years old. I did thr massive swap out of all pieces periodically that long ago. That's when I first got it and didnt know that it was best to change everything at once haha. So I fell into the "change this, now this, now this" trap lol

Stick with OEM. You can't tell by looking. If the upper is over seven years old, it needs to be replaced. The same goes for all the rest of the cooling system parts.

Okay, then it really comes down to finding the exact source of the leak.

The only time I see the leak is when the car is running and it's coming from the left side hose of the dccv. Another question. Is it possible that the hoses got crossed when I reconnected

Sorry to interrupt, on topic somewhat.

Joe, can you confirm the following on the DATC self test initiation

1st GEN = OFF and FLOOR
2nd GEN = OFF and DEFROST

Then AUTO within 2 sec.

Not sure I appreciate this small unnecessary differance between the two.

This would mean DATC module is GEN specific.

Yes, the DATC is very much generation specific. They even speak different languages.

Sure you could have crossed the hoses. That wouldn't cause any leaks, it would just cause the climate control to not work correctly in dual mode.

You have to get in there and see/feel where the coolant is actually coming out of. It's work, but it is doable.

Ok. Yea I felt down under the hose while it was running. I felt the coolant coming from the bottom of it. Im thinking it might be a bad dccv

It does happen. Mine on my 06 failed that way, but it was nine or ten years old with over 100K miles on it. It didn't run the hoses though, it covered the top of the valve and down the side of the radiator. It also shorted out the valve.

Members online

No members online now.
Back