DCCV Fuse. Check it!

Also, are the DCCVs universal from year to year, or do I need one specific to an 06 LS?

--when i run the self test on the HVAC I get code 27 98

Also, are the DCCVs universal from year to year, or do I need one specific to an 06 LS?

--when i run the self test on the HVAC I get code 27 98

While it could be the DATC or wiring, it is 99% likely that your DCCV is bad. That code normally comes up when the DCCV leaks into its solenoid coils and starts to short them out. It may or may not also blow the DCCV/AC clutch fuse.

There are two different types of the DCCV, one with three hose connections and one with five. You should have the three connection type. I think the difference is between gen I and gen II. Certainly, any DCCV made for an 03 to 06 V8 will work.

Hi, I ran the self test and got codes 27 99 and 27 97. Any ideas of what those mean? Thanks in advance

Hi, I ran the self test and got codes 27 99 and 27 97. Any ideas of what those mean? Thanks in advance

Both of the solenoids on the DCCV are reading open circuit. Either the DCCV is unplugged, the wires are cut, or (and most likely) the coils have corroded and the DCCV needs to be replaced.

Both of the solenoids on the DCCV are reading open circuit. Either the DCCV is unplugged, the wires are cut, or (and most likely) the coils have corroded and the DCCV needs to be replaced.
Thanks for responding so quick -Could it be a fuse? It was working fine-then heat blasting out of both sides

Joegr-do you have a pic of the dvcc so I can try to unplug it? Mine is an 06. I'm pretty handy and can do small jobs. I want to do that test from page one on the fuse/dvcc connection

To unplug the DCCV connector is to simulate full heat, which you already have coming from the vents as you stated.

lot of info here I posted some time ago, http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...ng-Climate-Control-System-No-Heat-Information
mind ya, it's more specific to no heat but it explains the whole workings of the LS heating system and components. (to an extend)

and for your GEN II, all the info is available online here: http://deneau.info/ls/

----EDIT:

CAREFULL, different P/N's on the DCCV for both GEN's!!!

1st GEN = 5 in/outlet tubes.
2nd GEN = 3

correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't double check, only recall from when I redid my whole cooling system.

more:

Bunch o' pics for ya from Google ... lincoln ls dual coolant control valve

by unplugging the DCCV, you are doing the same as cranking the max heat setting to 90F.

2009-12-10_221424_00ls.gif

Thanks for responding so quick -Could it be a fuse? ...

The fuse may have blown due to a fault with the DCCV, but it's not like it could just be a fuse. Fuses themselves don't blow (or fail) for no reason.

As Joe mentions, often the #1 A/C CLUTCH fuse if blown due to something that caused it to blow, a defective DCCV 'could' overheat the circuit and cause the fuse to pop. you can try and check the fuse, replace it but there is an underlying problem most of the time.

To unplug the DCCV connector is to simulate full heat, which you already have coming from the vents as you stated.

lot of info here I posted some time ago, http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...ng-Climate-Control-System-No-Heat-Information
mind ya, it's more specific to no heat but it explains the whole workings of the LS heating system and components. (to an extend)

and for your GEN II, all the info is available online here: http://deneau.info/ls/

----EDIT:

CAREFULL, different P/N's on the DCCV for both GEN's!!!

1st GEN = 5 in/outlet tubes.
2nd GEN = 3

correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't double check, only recall from when I redid my whole cooling system.
You're correct- I obviously found it and there is 3. I found the fuse ( no fuse chart on underside of cover!?) and it was blown. I didn't have a 10 amp, so I put a 7.5 in the slot and.....nothing. Still got hot air blasting out. I also ran another code run and got 27+ 97 98 99. I wanted to 'pinch' the hose to see of that worked but didn't know which one to pinch. Thanks again for looking that stuff up for me. I tried the search funciton but there was a lot of threads and didn't have an extra hour to look thru them all for the pics of it. Appreciate ya

I did read in one of the threads I searched here that some guy 'rapped it' with a small hammer to get the solenoid to engage? lol-doing my best not to spend money!

I have hot air coming out of my vents when the ac is on. You told me before it might be my DCCV (mos likely is) I am just wondering if there is a way to test my entire system so i can pin point exactly whats wrong. whether its a bad dccv or just out of R134a ? I have gen 2 (2005 v6)

Frankly, trouble shooting for this has been posted about a hundred times. If you want the details, search for it.

DATC self tests for gen II are here: http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xc0003.htm~gen~ref.htm#extract_245
Do note that these tests only catch obvious electrical faults, and that it sometimes returns errors for things that have corrected themselves.

Often the DCCV fails mechanically, which causes no codes. There is no monitoring of the refrigerant system (no codes for low refrigerant).

You are getting heated air (way hotter than outside air) = Bad DCCV.
You are getting non cooled air (about outside temperature) = AC system problem.

You get cooled air at first startup for a minute or so = AC system problem.

i have been searching all night and most of this morning to be honest.. i find alot of v8 stuff nothing for my car

V8 and V6 are the same when it comes to the AC. The compressor for the V6 is slightly less capacity, but the principals are all the same.

ac sytem problem like compressor or leak or something? what does that entail lol

Low refrigerant (due to leak)
High refrigerant (due to improper fill)
Contaminated refrigerant
Compressor failure
Scroll control valve failure
TXV (thermal expansion valve) failure
clutch failure
relay failure
PCM problem or engine problem
DATC problem
Evap temperature sensor failure
Dirty condensor
fan failure
dryer clogged
Wiring

my fuse is fine does that mean my dccv is still good i get no heat just cold air in my 02 ls and my dccv have five hoses

my fuse is fine does that mean my dccv is still good i get no heat just cold air in my 02 ls and my dccv have five hoses

No. That does not indicate that your DCCV is good or bad.

I had a leak coming from one of my hoses on the DCCV. Could that be an indicator of a bad DCCV? At first I thought maybe a hose was split. I checked them and both were fine. I connected the DCCV to it's connector and had my wife turn the ignition to the on position and felt it ping. I'm lost as to what it could be. The fuse isn't blown either. When I drained and disconnected everything, the hose that connects to the upper radiator hose was almost full of fluid. I'm also thinking/wondering is this is an indicator of a bad DCCV. Any help?

Members online

No members online now.
Back