Data Distance Error

I replaced the entire assembly. If you your odometer worked immediately I am going to guess that I might have some sort of other problem, probably a wheel sensor or something like you mentioned. The Traction control is not functioning either. I will start checking the wheel sensors and their wiring here in the near future.

The good news is that even without the scanner bleeding of the ABS unit the car still appears to stop like it did before the swap. The standard brake bleed brought it back to "normal" but I am going to drive it to a buddy to have him bleed the ABS unit too, then I will try to figure out what the real problem is.

No Communication with Anti-Lock Brake Control Module
Anti-Lock Brake Control Module.
Fuse 4 (60A)
Power distribution box.
Circuits.
GO to Pinpoint Test S .
S1 CHECK CIRCUIT 601 (LB/BK) FOR POWER
Disconnect anti-lock brake control module connector C176 .
Using a voltmeter, measure for voltage at connector Pins C176 and C176 , Circuit 601 (LB/BK).
Is voltage B+?
Yes No
GO to S4 . GO to S2 .

S2 CHECK CIRCUIT 601 (LB/BK) FOR SHORT TO GROUND
Remove Fuse 4 (60A) from power distribution box.
Using an ohmmeter connected to ground, measure resistance at Pins C176 and C176 , Circuit 601 (LB/BK).
Is resistance less than 5 ohms?
Yes No
SERVICE Circuit 601 (LB/BK) for short to ground. REPLACE Fuse 4 (60A). RESTORE vehicle. RETEST system. GO to S3 .

S3 CHECK SUPPLY TO FUSE 4 (60A)
Using a voltmeter, measure for voltage at Fuse 4 input cavity.
Is voltage B+?
Yes No
GO to S4 . SERVICE power distribution box. REPLACE Fuse 4 (60A). RESTORE vehicle. RETEST system.

S4 CHECK CIRCUITS 57 (BK), 530 (LG/Y) FOR OPEN
Using an ohmmeter, measure resistance of Circuit 57 (BK), 530 (LG/Y) between Pins C176 , C176 , C176 and a known good ground.
Is resistance 5 ohms or less?
Yes No
GO to Communication Network diagnostics in Section 18-04 to diagnose network concern. SERVICE Circuit 57 (BK), 530 (LG/Y) for open. RESTORE vehicle. RETEST system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here is some things to chew on,but i need some more details to go any further.check your pm's.
john

aristo: I appreciated all of your help, I will contact you once I take the next step in diagnosis of this problem.

Thanks again.

jrhartman said:
aristo: I appreciated all of your help, I will contact you once I take the next step in diagnosis of this problem.

Thanks again.

your very welcome :Beer

john

Members online

No members online now.
Back