Dashboard squeaks and rattles fix

REDBED

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My dash had a squeak and rattle in the pass side corner. After much trial and error I found that the foam rubber that covers the dash under the defrost grill had degraded/compressed so the grill was loose. I pulled the foam rubber back where it meets the window and put in some foam w/p strips. Like new,no more noise. Hope this helps someone out.

My dash had a squeak and rattle in the pass side corner. After much trial and error I found that the foam rubber that covers the dash under the defrost grill had degraded/compressed so the grill was loose. I pulled the foam rubber back where it meets the window and put in some foam w/p strips. Like new,no more noise. Hope this helps someone out.

Excellent tip! This may also work with door panel squeaks/rattles.

If only I could fix all the rattles in my doors and wherever they come from! Drives me nuts at times, but the car is 10 years old so cant except so much

Try pulling the door panel off and driving around to determine whats loose. Six screws and five minutes to pop them off. The sheet metal panel on the door could be loose, mine was. You will be able to determine if its the door or the panel. My panels squeaked so I disasembled armrest, trim panel ect. cleaned and applied silicon grease. I also aplied peel and seal to the interior of the door panels with wheatherstripping around the perimeter. The cabin is nice quiet again.

My wife thinks im crazy at all the rattles i hear and how they bother me. Usually the solution is just turning the radio up louder, but i get a creak/rattle from right in front of the little dome sensor in the middle of the dash. Sometime i can push on the dash and it'll go away but always seems to come backat some point. Also starting getting a rattle from either the glovebox door or the wood trim right above the glove box or the side air vent. Little things like that drive me nuts.

I hate all the little rattles......my rearview mirror likes to act up at times, as well as the doors, sun visor due to broken clip.

But thanks OP....I have a rattle in that area...check that out soon.

In th center of the dash is the sun sensor? And the red light. I pulled them out and put silicone around the base where they attatch. No more rattl from there. The door pannels like to rattle from the 2 screws that attatch the cup thingy where u close the door with. Sorry if I don't make much sense I just woke up lol

Am i the only one with a rattle from glovebox door/molding area?

Members online

Back