Dash Cover

CrackerJack

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I dunno. Might look kind of cheesy. Maybe if it were leathery instead of carpety. Post pics if you try it!

why do you need a cover? it will attract more dirt and dust and they don't even carry any fun colors or designs......

My aunt and one of my friends' dad do embroidering, I was thinking of getting something in metallic silver embroidered on it...

I've never seen on in anything but older Chevy trucks. I think they are tacky. I wouldn't get one.

from what i understand, they are pretty popular in the south west as the intense dry sun is particularly brutal on cars' dashes and the dash cover helped keep the dash from drying out and cracking.

from what i understand, they are pretty popular in the south west as the intense dry sun is particularly brutal on cars' dashes and the dash cover helped keep the dash from drying out and cracking.

+1. I believe rodewaryer has one. I think he's is one of those warmer climates.

+2 i was in phoenix a couple of years ago and 4 out of every 5 cars i seen had one, and i almost got a third degree burn on my hand from the steering wheel

windshield tinted? And dont ever confuse the hottest of days in washington for the normal days in utah/az etc

ummmm, i think its called humidity pete, or lack of. they do say the desert is a tad bit more dry than washington

those dash board covers are made specifically for the heat. to say they are tacky when they indeed serve a purpose is pretty unfair. should the man not use one just to fit in here with us and burn his a$$ off in his car? i think not

Yeah but how often are you touching the top of the dash of your car anyway?

not touching the dashboard specifically. the heat gets absorbed by the dash and when you get into the car the heat is un-imaginable. the cover greatly reduces that absorption of heat.

I dont know how people survive out there.... 115 in the shade and the local is telling me its a cool day... WTF?

understandable there are hotter states than WA :p

and as far as tacky I believe mudflaps are tacky on a LS but if you live pretty far from the city you just might need em......

dont dash board dry up and warp or crack down there in Texas its got to get just as hot.

i'm just saying most of the cars that i work on from the southwest and that are older than ten years look like sh!t and the dash board just falls apart if you try to take it apart

How does it effect the deployment of the passengers airbag? I know a lot of people use them both for protecting the dash and cutting down on the glare from the dash itself.

+1 on the glare. I use the most matte sheen dressing I can find (Meg's Quik interior detailer or Einszett Cockpit Premium) on my dash for this reason. And I live in MN. Can't imagine the glare of the southern sun all day long.

those dash board covers are made specifically for the heat. to say they are tacky when they indeed serve a purpose is pretty unfair. should the man not use one just to fit in here with us and burn his a$$ off in his car? i think not

+1! ...common sense! Besides, WHO wants to drive around with a cracked dash, then spend more money replacing it?!!! Just prevent it, sometimes FUNCTION comes before style.

Members online

Back