DARK Coolant

I wonder if I can file a suit against Dodge for their strut towers that are about to fall apart on me

DO it lol

Went to go check at lunch, cant get cap off, WAY too tight, need a wrench lol... Is that normal for it to be on their so damn tight, i mean the coolant overflow cap, not the crossover screw

DO it lol

Went to go check at lunch, cant get cap off, WAY too tight, need a wrench lol... Is that normal for it to be on their so damn tight, i mean the coolant overflow cap, not the crossover screw

you need a wrench?,what were you using today ,your teeth?, yes it should require a wrench to open. a 1/4" ratchet.

you need a wrench?,what were you using today ,your teeth?, yes it should require a wrench to open. a 1/4" ratchet.
He did say it wasn't the crossover cap and that it was the surge tank.

Reading FTMFW!!!!

No, shouldn't need a wrench. Something is making the seal stick. Something like a radiator leak stop additive. Something like bars leak.

Reading FTMFW!!!!

No, shouldn't need a wrench. Something is making the seal stick. Something like a radiator leak stop additive. Something like bars leak.

I think your right.. but it looks ok so far a little dark but that's from the crap that hasn't Come out yet. I will flush a few times and keep an eye on it but I think its ok

Reading FTMFW!!!!

Pffft, that crap is overrated, men dont read instructions/directions etc.

glance at something quickly and make your choice FTW!

but seriously, DOHH!
i feel like a tard.

thanks for the re-direct.

I think your right.. but it looks ok so far a little dark but that's from the crap that hasn't Come out yet. I will flush a few times and keep an eye on it but I think its ok

You need to really take a look at the water pump if you really think that a stop leak was used in the coolant. All that crap ends up doing is falling below the pump propeller and sitting at the bottom of the pump hardening till the point it hits the propeller and causes it to stop spinning. I seen it, done it, and fixed it because I did not care at the time until it failed on the road.

You need to really take a look at the water pump if you really think that a stop leak was used in the coolant. All that crap ends up doing is falling below the pump propeller and sitting at the bottom of the pump hardening till the point it hits the propeller and causes it to stop spinning. I seen it, done it, and fixed it because I did not care at the time until it failed on the road.

From reading on here, the pump seems like a pretty easy job, I just need to figure out WTF it was in their, because if it WAS stop leak, something will eventually leak again, but as of last night, it was dark, but not oily, It is probably the crappy job they do flushing it and their is more left in the system. Car runs fine, no smoke, heat fine still. I think i need to burp it though, as the temp guage is a little erratic at times, like it will be at L and then drop for a sec below the line, and than back up to where it was, thinking it hit an air pocket??

Time to get a bolt welded onto the crossover cap, already broke a wrench lol

But when it gets warmer, im gonna flush it fully as many times as needed to get as much of whatever that was out... Then if their is a leak, fix that...

but as of last night, it was dark, but not oily,

I would not worry about oily, but the darkness is from the sediment and corrosion that has been there and has settled everywhere the water flows. It will take a few flushes to get a handle on it. Water pump would be my concern about all this though. Good Luck with it,

I would not worry about oily, but the darkness is from the sediment and corrosion that has been there and has settled everywhere the water flows. It will take a few flushes to get a handle on it. Water pump would be my concern about all this though. Good Luck with it,

Ill order one, I need to call MAX anyway, need to get the Jmod done, and a new EGR tube, even if i dont put it in right away, its good to have on hand just in case

What size nut should i have welded onto the crossover? Gonna hopefully find someone who can do it for me real quick....

What size nut should i have welded onto the crossover? Gonna hopefully find someone who can do it for me real quick....

Why are you going to weld a nut on this? Is the crossover plug striped or something and you are welding a smaller diameter nut on top of it to get it off?

Why are you going to weld a nut on this? Is the crossover plug striped or something and you are welding a smaller diameter nut on top of it to get it off?

The piece of the wrench broke off in the middle of the hole and cant get it out
Wont budge with a pipe wrench hardly anything to bite

I have a grinder, i may put a slit in the middle and hit it a few times with a flat head

If it is impossible to get the broken portion out, then weld a nut to the top of it and use a boxed in wrench to turn it, maybe a 9/16 or 5/8 nut will due. Then replace the cross-over nut with a new one. Or go to the junk yard and get a new cross-over tube to replace this one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back