Dark Cherry paint on the 2006

zookroo1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
What do you think of Dark Cherry in person? Is it more purple or more red? As I wait for the right car to come along I've pretty much gotten it down to what I'm looking for. The Dark Cherry is up in the air though and I haven't seen it in person (at least since I've been looking). I don't mind maroon but I'm not really a purple guy. The color looks a bit different in some of the photos I've seen.

Black, White, Vivid Red and Silver are my top colors. I don't want to pass up a good deal if it happens to be a different color, but I also don't want to wish I had waited for another one to come along either.

Thanks for the opinions!

Ive always been a fan of the burgundy color that came on the late 90's eclipse spiders...that's just me though.

What do you think of Dark Cherry in person? Is it more purple or more red? As I wait for the right car to come along I've pretty much gotten it down to what I'm looking for. The Dark Cherry is up in the air though and I haven't seen it in person (at least since I've been looking). I don't mind maroon but I'm not really a purple guy. The color looks a bit different in some of the photos I've seen.

Black, White, Vivid Red and Silver are my top colors. I don't want to pass up a good deal if it happens to be a different color, but I also don't want to wish I had waited for another one to come along either.

Thanks for the opinions!

My wife calls her's Pimped Out Purple! It has a purplish look in the shade but is stunning in the sun! My wife didn't like it at first but she really loves it now and is constantly getting compliments.

I think it looks plum. There's one I test drove here in town and now I see the new owner of it driving it all the time. It's more purple than maroon. But i just call it plum.

I also like black white silver and red. Oh and cashmere also. I think
With a dark tint and some 18-19 black chrome or chrome wheela a cashmere one would look awesome.

If you like cashmere too here's a good deal on a loaded one 60k
I don't know where you live but this is a pretty good deal. They had it listed for 14495 and now it's 11000 and id still negotiate. Asking 11 I'd say try to get it down to at least 10500. It's a steal. 1owner!
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...e=b&num_records=50&cardist=669&standard=false

Last edited:
I wonder what a true candy would look like on the LS. maybe a nice dark candy red. Gold base with red clear. Maybe too dark? Only other candy i've ever liked was green and I just couldn't see that on the LS.

I think it looks plum. There's one I test drove here in town and now I see the new owner of it driving it all the time. It's more purple than maroon. But i just call it plum.

I also like black white silver and red. Oh and cashmere also. I think
With a dark tint and some 18-19 black chrome or chrome wheela a cashmere one would look awesome.

If you like cashmere too here's a good deal on a loaded one 60k
I don't know where you live but this is a pretty good deal. They had it listed for 14495 and now it's 11000 and id still negotiate. Asking 11 I'd say try to get it down to at least 10500. It's a steal. 1owner!
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...e=b&num_records=50&cardist=669&standard=false

Thanks T, that one is actually around 500 miles away from me but I did send some questions and request info. It's been a couple of days and they haven't gotten back to me. Maybe that's why they haven't sold it...

There are a couple Dark Cherry LS's that are decent deals about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from me, but that's a bit of a drive just to look at the color. One has the gray interior and I'm not sure if I like that combo or not.

^^^ I hate when they don't reply to emails. I always send emails if I need
More info, because I just want the facts, I dont want to be onthe phone and have them askin me when I'm going to stop in. When I'm more serious as know I want to buy then I'll call and make arrangements to drive/fly in lol.

Last edited:
Black, White, Vivid Red and Silver are my top colors.

You (and I) just missed out on a beautiful '06 Vivid Red that was for sale in Windmere. I just started looking for an 06 and found a post right here in the For Sale section. The car was first for sale back in September I think and the guy kept dropping the price. I come across the ad the first week in January and email him about it and it sells the next day... :mad:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=77210

^^^ that was a nice one and i remember it was for sale forever.. i prefer the red ones to have black leather but it was a decent deal i guess.. it was clean as hell thats for sure

Thanks for the opinions!

Its not maroon. Its Autumn Red with pearl. $81 a pint. Expensive for OEM paint. Overcass day it flattens out. Almost looks root beer in color. Sunny day, it pops.

1st pic overcass
2nd pic notice the front fender. The pearl pops.
3rd pic get it in the right angle. You really see the color.

LS%20250.jpg

%21cid__Lincoln_LS.jpg

Calendar 10a.jpg

Its not maroon. Its Autumn Red with pearl. $81 a pint. Expensive for OEM paint. Overcass day it flattens out. Almost looks root beer in color. Sunny day, it pops.

1st pic overcass
2nd pic notice the front fender. The pearl pops.
3rd pic get it in the right angle. You really see the color.

I think he was wondering about the dark cherry metallic that was only offered on the 06 I think. Like this one. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...s=50&seller_type=b&cardist=325&standard=false

Yep... Autumn Red =! Dark Cherry. I think it is a gen1 vs gen2 paint scheme difference.

I don't believe you. I've soon both in person. The autum red is much more of a deep almost rust orange/maroon. Rootbeer was a good way of describing it. And the dark cherry is plum/purple. At no angle in no lighting does the dark cherry look deep dark reddish or maroon. I swear there different. Autum red was offered again in 04. And then in 06 they changed the mixture a little and called it black cherry instead. Put two next to eachother there different.

No...autumn red is not the same as dark cherry.

A dark cherry LS in person looks purple. Not red at all.

Ive seen both in person.

The dark cherry is very unique:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And FYI i just did a country wide search and less than 100 06' models are for sale at the moment....with a large majority being plain sports. If you want an 06 step your game up and get one before they are gone. These are the last of a wonderful vehicle that Lincoln did right.

I do a nation wide search everyday looking for that perfect one that makes me want to buy it. Ive kept an eye on the nation wide market for well over 2 years just to memorize pricing and such. There's always about 80 on average for sale across the country. And normally only about 15 of them are absolutely loaded and only about 5 of those have under 60k miles.

To get a low mileage one that is loaded is super rare. I'm looking for under 25k loaded in the right color combo. Thank god I have one to drive until I find the exact one. Lol. But yes getting harder and harder to find. People if you see an 06 jump on it.

Also wanted to point out nows an excellent time to buy. Alot of the people who bought there ls new in 06 probably had a 5 year loan which now this year is paid off. So alot of people are trading for a new car. I'm finding alot of one owner ones comming up. The ones I've owned have been off lease, but I think people who buy outright take better care of them. So that's a plus about buying now.

Yeah i got mine loaded with 63K on it a year and a half ago im now at 74K.

And you took two of them out! stop buying 06's! No im playing still sad to see how yours ended up.

I'll neVer stop lol. Remember I want 5. Well at least 3 the other two can be a 04-05 silver and red LSE's. But forsure a white, cashmere, and black 06. I promise the one I'm currently driving will make it to the day when I sell (probably in the spring) without an accident lol.

You should go with the aviator plan.

I love my car but dont think i could deal with the headache of two of them lol. Theres also those Mark LT's.

I want the aviator in addition to all 5. And also some kind of roadster that does good on gas for the summer. Hopefully I'll have my lineup in my driveway within the next 3 years. The avi is on my priority list though ,, especially now that snows here again.

I want the aviator in addition to all 5. And also some kind of roadster that does good on gas for the summer. Hopefully I'll have my lineup in my driveway within the next 3 years. The avi is on my priority list though ,, especially now that snows here again.

I hope your insurance company gives you the Discount Double Check with all those cars!

My '06 is Dark Cherry Metallic with black leather. I love the color and it looked 1000% better once I got the dark tint. Black chrome wheels/grille will complete the look.

On a side note, one cop who stopped me for speeding on an overcast morning wrote "purple" on the ticket... pissed me off every time I had to look at the damn thing.

Members online

No members online now.
Back