damnit my neon is out

87TTOPGT420

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have one spare oem left and this last one lasted nearly 2 years but I wanna be prepared incase it fails

I know of the glitch ballast...is it still avail? quick google led me to a pay pal link through one of the other mark viii sites...I don't wanna send my money without for sure knowning I'm getting it

anyone know or has recently ordered one?

I have one spare oem left and this last one lasted nearly 2 years but I wanna be prepared incase it fails

I know of the glitch ballast...is it still avail? quick google led me to a pay pal link through one of the other mark viii sites...I don't wanna send my money without for sure knowning I'm getting it

anyone know or has recently ordered one?

Glitch (Richard) passed away late last year. Afaik his wife is taking care of the orders.

http://lincolnsofdistinction.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39121&highlight=glitch

Jeez are those things made out of pixie dust and antique china?

Kind of a touchy subject, but it seems like somebody ought to ask his widow if she'd be willing to hand over the reigns to somebody who has the resources and desire to make them. I can't imagine she's building them. Most likely she's just shipping out whatever stock he had pre-made. Maybe she is building them, who knows. I guess we'll find out sooner or later. If not, I'm sure they can be reverse engineered again by somebody.

I just ordered mine a couple weeks ago.. dunno if she's still making them or selling prestocked ones.

The lady will take care of the order/s as far as I know. Recently, about a month & a half ago, I ordered 2 of 'em and got em in rather promptly with the same set of instructions I had received when I first ordered his ballast back in '10.

I too wasn't aware of Glitch's passing until someone mentioned it in a recent thread about moisture in the housing of the neon.

you get it yet? and did you send payment via paypal using the glitch@hotmail address or whatever It is?

Yup PayPal, and yeah I got mine, took like 3 days once I paid... super fast. It works wonderful.. just follow the instructions.
you'll need an extra person to press the brake while you adjust the ballast

and ill be ordering a glitch soon enough...spare ballast flickers a bit when it turns on...so clearly its not long for this world....ah well atleast I have nearly 2 mint black neons with only 3 broken tabs each..and the one that was on car I'm parting out has much better lettering.

also changed out both door mirrors for a pair I got painted and the drivers heated mirror is still mint

and ill be ordering a glitch soon enough...spare ballast flickers a bit when it turns on...so clearly its not long for this world....ah well atleast I have nearly 2 mint black neons with only 3 broken tabs each..and the one that was on car I'm parting out has much better lettering.

also changed out both door mirrors for a pair I got painted and the drivers heated mirror is still mint

Lettering :(... be mysterious! :)

You open for a trade/profit on a non-dented neon? My neon frame has a couple dents. 2 really small ones on the top edge, and the right side of the lock hole is dented in some

sure what do you have in mind...please pm

and lettering stays to many people have no clue what kind of car it is..although I passed thr same gen 1 twice today and got the wave...mark viiis in my area are as rare as a honest politician

Kind of a touchy subject, but it seems like somebody ought to ask his widow if she'd be willing to hand over the reigns to somebody who has the resources and desire to make them.

I agree with this entirely. I don't think it would be out of place at all. I think she needs to know that we love his ballasts and someone would be willing to carry on his work. He sold hundreds of those things if not thousands and many more will be needed in the future.

I agree with this entirely. I don't think it would be out of place at all. I think she needs to know that we love his ballasts and someone would be willing to carry on his work. He sold hundreds of those things if not thousands and many more will be needed in the future.

its a source of revenue though....maybe she continues for that reason

After reading this post & others recently, I decided to order a Glitch ballast thru his website listed above in other posts.
Ordered on Sunday night and got confirmation with tracking number this morning. (U.S.P.S. express mail; 2-3 days to Washington state)
When I did PayPal I added a request for shipping info when it was sent, so it's a quick turnaround IMO.
I'm sure if she is making these, that we all have no problem supporting her, but if she is just selling what Richard had already made, there will be someone who can reverse engineer it. Personally, I hope she can continue to make these, especially if it is helping her and her kids.... Just my 2 cents.

After reading this post & others recently, I decided to order a Glitch ballast thru his website listed above in other posts.
Ordered on Sunday night and got confirmation with tracking number this morning. (U.S.P.S. express mail; 2-3 days to Washington state)
When I did PayPal I added a request for shipping info when it was sent, so it's a quick turnaround IMO.
I'm sure if she is making these, that we all have no problem supporting her, but if she is just selling what Rich had already made, there will be someone who can reverse engineer it. Personally, I hope she can continue to make these, especially if it is helping her and her kids.... Just my 2 cents.

I'm pretty sure these are available elsewhere, it's just that nobody has found the exact one. If he was indeed making them (Don't think any knows for sure) then buy em' while you still can.

I ordered mine 6 years ago and from what I can remember it was a flawless transaction with prompt shipping.

It's still sitting in my parts box. :)

yeah neon ballasts are available elsewhere, sure.
the issue has come in finding a two stage ballast for the tail and stop light brightness differences.

yeah neon ballasts are available elsewhere, sure.
the issue has come in finding a two stage ballast for the tail and stop light brightness differences.

I meant the one he sells, not in general.

Members online

Back