Damn Window

Black03

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I go and get in my car yesterday, roll both front window up as I start backing out of the garage when the pass side starts to make an unpleasant sound. The glass fell off the track so now I can't get that one up. Normally it wouldn't have bothered me too much, but I was on my way to the St. Louis Cardinals game and they are my favorite team. I ended up missing the 1st inning in which they scored 3 runs. And to make things better I am going camping this weekend and can't get the window taken care of till next week sometime.

My LS did the same thing last week, welcome to the club.
It costs me around $200 to fix.
Needed a new regulator & motor.

very very very very very common problem - do a search there are 1000 thread on this.

you can buy the regulator for about $40 and fix it yourself.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! I was on my way to Miami for Memorial Day weekend at the beginning of the summer when it got me. You are exactly right, that sound really strikes a nerve when you hear it - you know exactly what it is. Needless to say, I missed the trip and all the guys left without me. I could have fixed it right away but I was too doggone upset to do it. As many cars as I've been though, I've never had a motor/regulator go out before they were at least 8 years old or had some serious milage on them.

I already have it in at the dealer, was able to get in right after work. They said it would be covered under warranty.

have replaced to and the other two are making noise and they will not fix them until they brake so it is costing me a $100 a time. almost enought to want to sell the car. sick of this little stuff that they cant get right. its windows they have had power windows for years and years and ford can get it right or fix the prob. sorry

Apparently, they have made changes to the front window regulators and unfortuantely now can only be ordered with the motor and not just the regulator. If it's either of the rear windows we're still in good shape.

$149.00 from the dealer- $211.00 installed. I can find it online for $105.00 but with rain expected and a daily driver I'm kinda screwed !!!

Glad they decided to correc the design, pissed that they decided to capitalize on our misfortune and not offer the regulator-only option!

On the bright-side... it's still a sweeeet car!

That was the rear though... Take a look at the front driver!

Everywhere I call or lookup only sells the front with the motor. You can't just get the regulator or am I just getting shined?

Members online

No members online now.
Back