Custom Gen 1 Mark Trunk Lock Cover

98lincmk7lsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a Gen 1 trunk lock cover that I refurbished. Instead of a chrome lincoln star with the red background, it now has a black background with the chrome star. I found this in the junkyard months ago and decided it would be fun to experiment with. I spent way more hours on it than I needed to, and it's not perfect, but it does look really good. I would not hesitate to put this on my car (a car I enter into car shows) if I had a Gen 1. I don't have a Gen 1 though, so I would like to sell it. I'd say the one thing that keeps it from being perfect is if you look at it real close at certain angles in the light, it looks like the paint was "wicking" away from the lincoln star all around it. You can see kinda what I'm talking about in the last picture and just barely in the first pic, but you've gotta be less than a foot away from it to really see it. On a normal daily driven car, it would just look awesome.

Oh, and the chrome looks really good too. I also buffed the outside face of the plastic, so that also looks really good.

Normally, I would charge less for something like this, but due to the amount of time I have in it, I'd like to get $55 shipped for it.

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

This one has been sold for quite some time. I can make another one though, if you're willing to pre-pay.

Full price prepaid would get me motivated enough to do another one.

I don't know if I have any more with the chrome star still intact though, so the star would have to be painted. I typically paint the stars white, but I can paint any combination of colors if you're willing to buy the paint.

What color is your car? I've painted them to match the color of the car before too, but like I said, it'll cost more for custom colors if it's not something I already have.

Average cost for a custom color is between $6-$16 depending on whether or not I can find the paint locally. I have a few different colors, but mostly white and black.

I really only need the plastic emblem,my car is grey and the original one it had on it was red with the lincoln symbol in the center but i think black would look nice also..How long would it take for you to get it done and shipped also how do i go about sending you the money??

I really only need the plastic emblem,my car is grey and the original one it had on it was red with the lincoln symbol in the center but i think black would look nice also..How long would it take for you to get it done and shipped also how do i go about sending you the money??

I'll say about a week, just to be safe. Could be less though. I work 12-hour shifts many days in a row, so those days are usually out of the question.

PayPal is the easiest way to pay, but I'll accept other forms if necessary.

Members online

Back