Custom Cams Installed

So,...... how does that help us with the cams?

It sounds like my neighbors Chevy Custom Deluxe.

He don't take care of it. He has allot of holes in the exhaust.

I don't know about a LS that sounds like you have allot of holes in the exhaust from not taking care of it. Thats just me.

jesus that sounds like a beast !!!
What kind of numbers are you expecting with those cams?

JWerner2 please dont compare my car to a chevrolet :D ..lol...and as for numbers i am hoping for around 300 wheel with a good tune

DAAAAAMMM!!!

that :q:q:q:q sound like sex!!!!!

sounds odd coming from an ls but sounds beastly!

Wow, nice deep tone! But one thing jumps out in my mind even without seeing numbers or it in action and that is; Son you’re going to drive me to drinking if you don’t stop driving that HOT ROD LINCOLN!!! :D

Nice!! Please give us a input on these cams...

P.S : VERY INTERESTED!!

Wow! Sounds like a very aggressive cam grind.
You wanna be careful with that though, Jag had some problems with their cams on the early 4.0s creating too much back lash on the timing chains which would cause them to break. You might be smart to invest in a set of new ones.

I just noticed in looking at the youtube clip again that I don’t see your exhaust. I can see my Magnaflows in the shade under my car but I can’t tell if you have them or you’re running stock. Maybe it’s just me.

And I second fonsito, I’m very interested in the input on these cams!!!

actually all i have is an x pipe...the pipes dump right behind the back axle...thats probually why u can hear the cams so well :D

I say put a nice muffler on to get a more solid sound at that level and it would then be sick!

You should have gotten some pics of the cam install.

Wow! Sounds like a very aggressive cam grind.
You wanna be careful with that though, Jag had some problems with their cams on the early 4.0s creating too much back lash on the timing chains which would cause them to break. You might be smart to invest in a set of new ones.

Thats an interesting point. I'm curious to see how that turns out as well.
I'd be more interested in a hotter cam if forged rods, pistions, and crank could be had for reasonable money. I'd bump up the nitrous shot at that point. I'm sure the heads are also restrictive at these power levels as well as the exhaust manifolds. Either way, nice work and originality.

I thought you had nitrous too. 300RWHP must be NA?

I just finished instaling my custom made cams....here are some specs
Lift: Intake 472 Exh: 475
Duration: Intake-261 Exh-257
the car is still untuned so i haven't drove it as of yet..but here is a short video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksqal2vFick
Several questions present themselves:
1. Info on stock cams---lift and duration---for comparison purposes
2. Source of new cams
3. Are they new blanks or regrinds
4. How much change in the bucket shims for lash purposes

You are to be congratulated for the effort you're making!!
KS

I also would like to see the stock grind for comparisson...Cammerfe beat me to it...:D

You'll also need to spend some time datalogging your new vacuum curve....

if you have messed with it - espically at the low rmps - you need to retune the fuel during idle so you are not over fueling.

BTW - and make sure to test your brakes before the first real stop...

great work. always nice to see a new mod for the ls

i am assuming this mod is not possible for the 03 and up because of vvt?

I am unsure about the stock cam specs as i just told the guy at the machine shop to make some to my needs....but i will look into getting those for everyone to compare...as for tuning i plan on starting here in a couple days road testing...then in a couple weeks or so move onto a dyno and get it fine tuned..As of right now it idles pretty well, although my air-fuel ratios are all over the place..I can say that the car tachs extremly fast from 3500 to around 7000...as for the price i have alittle over 1000 in it...

o and sorry for not taking pics of the install i was overly excited to get them....

I'm sure the heads are also restrictive at these power levels

Actually I am sure these 4v heads will flow like a mother just fine in even stock form. Most modern 4v heads flow really really well. Now the exhaust manifolds are pretty efficient but it couldn't hurt to do headers when getting into the beefier mods. Of course that will cost a little though.

Members online

Back