Custom Airride Question

1993_M75

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to fit these up front:

http://www.airride.com/productinfo/shockwave.asp
shockwave_prodshot.jpg

Looks like one would need some custom steel brackets (there's guys at work that could do this for me for a case of beer :D )... but other than that it should fit, right?

My goal is to keep the air ride but tighten up the suspension and have the ability to adjust shock dampening.

It would be nice, but the modifications needing to be done would be severely costly. The air ride technologies system needs custom upper and lower control arms. You would have to do a lot of metal work just to make the tubular upper control arms fit. Not worth the effort for my pocketbook.

GMAN said:
It would be nice, but the modifications needing to be done would be severely costly. The air ride technologies system needs custom upper and lower control arms. You would have to do a lot of metal work just to make the tubular upper control arms fit. Not worth the effort for my pocketbook.

Eh?

I was thinking this should be able to just go in place of the stock air strut. The shockwaves have interchangeable mounts on one end (eye, stud, trunion, spherical bearings) so I was figuring I would just need a custom top plate to mount to the eye end, and a U-shaped bracket (possibly even hacked off of the original airstruts) to mount to the stud for the arm mount.

Looks cool. Expensive too.

Won't you need to install a shock absorber also though?

billcu said:
Looks cool. Expensive too.

Won't you need to install a shock absorber also though?

It's all in one, just like stock. Airbag with a shock running through the middle.

Members online

No members online now.
Back