Couple quick questions re: '97 Continental

jrhartman

Topless Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to replace a front grille, headlight assembly and front marker in a '97 Continental.

Here are a couple pics of the damage? Is this any easy fix? I am not concerned about the fender right now, I just want the headlight/sidemarker/grille fixed and I need to know how difficult it will be.

80_1_b.jpg

55_1_b.jpg

not difficult at all. The headlights simply attach with bolts that are accessible in the engine comp. I took mine off over a year ago so i don't remember exactly which bolts it was but i remember it not being hard. The corner lights are two or three screws i believe. Not hard. Never taken off the grill but that row of black screws along the top would be good place to start. Just unscrew everythign that looks like it would hold the grille in place and start pulling, if something is still holding it on then try to locate the hidden screw or whatever. Repeat until it pulls freely. You should be able to find headlights on ebay. Corner lights.........good luck i have only seen one set of them on ebay that were reasonably priced. This is a hotter item than headlights. Same with grill on sold on ebay about a month ago for $35 but that is rare.

i hope you get that fixed soon
that is that same damage i saw to my car
when i was in the acident 2 months ago
body shop fixed it put 2 new parts one and some they reyoused but still spent like 2000 dollars
but hey also don,t forget
if the marker lamp and the headlamp and grill are messed like that
YOu might need a New Grill mount
wich every one calls the header i think
without that you won,t be able to line up you headlamps or ge the marker lamp on right and the grill might not ateach
ther is a headlamp on Ebay right now don,t recall the rice but it,s preaty cheap

I got everything put back together with the exception of the center chrome piece that goes above the grille. The mounting points on the "skeleton" were broken. I have a complete skeleton that I will install if I can't figure out a way to mount it otherwise. I didn't replace the fender though as it wasn't a huge deal to me, I picked this car up dirt cheap and it came with all the parts to fix it except the fender.

I will post "after" pics that show the new grille, headlight, sidemarker. I am going to try to fix the chrome piece soon too.

jrhartman said:
I got everything put back together with the exception of the center chrome piece that goes above the grille. The mounting points on the "skeleton" were broken. I have a complete skeleton that I will install if I can't figure out a way to mount it otherwise. I didn't replace the fender though as it wasn't a huge deal to me, I picked this car up dirt cheap and it came with all the parts to fix it except the fender.

I will post "after" pics that show the new grille, headlight, sidemarker. I am going to try to fix the chrome piece soon too.
glad you got it fixed

here is an updated pic, like I said I haven't mounted the chrome piece yet. Not bad for 45 minutes work if I say so myself. The person I bought the car from had all the parts collected but never installed them because he said he didn't know how, so he gave me a smokin' deal on the car with all the parts

picture058.gif

Members online

No members online now.
Back