Couldn't decide on the Mark LT or the Escalade, so I made my own truck...

05RoushMarkLT

LVC Member
Reaction score
I got an invite to come check out the site, so I joined up and thought I'd say hello. I was trying to figure out which truck I wanted, and coudln't find exactly what I wanted. The ride of the Escalade was great, but I'm just not too big of a fan of them. The Mark LT's ride is great, but there were a few things I didn't like about it. I'm a red truck guy, and Lincoln decided that a cherry red color won't be in their line up, so I ended up getting a 2005 F-150 instead, and did the full Mark LT conversion. The Roush F-150's caught my eye as well, so I did the Roush 4X4 suspension which lowered the truck 2" in the front and 3" in the rear, added the hood scoop, chin spoiler and exhaust. I also threw on some 22" Scarface rims with Pirelli 305/40/22's, and last but certainly not least, I added a Whipple twin screw supercharger.

Other decisions for not getting the Mark LT is that I don't care for leather, especially up in Alaska, and I wanted more of a monotone truck instead of the chrome bumpers and rocker panels. Aside from those couple of differences, all the other lincoln parts have been added.

Hopefully you guys don't shun me as a Lincoln poser. :D I ended up spending quite a bit less than the normal Mark LT or Roush F-150 sticker price up until the supercharger install. All in all I'm very happy with the truck, especially the performance side of it now. I've got a little more work to do to it, like painting the mirrors, fender flares and re-painting the spoiler due to some flaking.

Let me know what you guys think. I'll put up some pictures and a video of playing around with the supercharger.

Supercharged Video

2125020_12_full.jpg

2125020_5_full.jpg

2125020_11_full.jpg

I randomly stumbled across your CarDomain a few days ago. Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just get the Mark LT and paint it? Poser.

haha jk, Alaska looks pretty pimp too. :)

:W to :V That is what people on this site do Mod their rides the way they want. :cool:

I got the F-150 right when the LT's started showing up, so there weren't many incentives or deals on the LT's. My brother works at a Ford dealership, so I ended up getting a fully loaded FX4 for 30K (some D or A plan). All the Roush and Lincoln parts were around 3 grand painted and installed, and that included a $1200 suspension set up. I think I'm around 42 grand total into the truck, including the supercharger, so I'm ahead of the game as far as I'm concerned. :cool:

The fender flares, mirrors and the Roush spoiler are going to be painted soon, and I'm upgrading the Whipple to 10psi, adding new injectors, plugs and a 95mm MAF, so I should be well above 400 RWHP (>500 at the crank), and still well under the price of a new LT. Nice part about that is I'll be able to smoke a Ram SRT-10 while I'm at it. :D

The picture was actually at the Hoover Dam. I'm in Las Vegas right now, but will be moving back up to Alaska in May. I'll hopefully get to the track once before I leave here and see what this thing can do in the 1/4 mile.

I thought the video was in my back yard. Well done on the purchase and parts savings, let alone the insurance break.

Hey Torque, I didn't notice where you were from. My grandparents live down in Surprise. They say it is growing pretty quickly down there.

Tell me about it. According to the powers that be, there are @ 100 families a day moving into town.
Behind the White Tanks used to be a great place for test and tune, until three new housing developements had gotten in back there. There are a few miles you can tach it up. Should you visit your granparents, its a great time to take out a GPS and get with it.

welcome to LVC. That truck is awsome, you could beat 99% of the cars out there with that beast.

Members online

Back