Could be the last Town Car

its ok, they still
make the town victoria and the grand townquis.

Idiots, they will lose half there sales. They have to keep it or Lincoln will be doomed.:(

lincoln is doomed, look at the zephyr, the new navi, the new aviator and that rebadged acura sedan.

Nakoa said:
lincoln is doomed, look at the zephyr, the new navi, the new aviator and that rebadged acura sedan.
Actually from what I read, Lincoln Zephyr is running pretty good, better then the town car.
"This year Lincoln is selling an average of about 1,530 retail Town Cars per month, compared with about 2,550 retail Zephyrs per month. The Town Car's retail sales are down 21 percent through May, Pipas said. The Lincoln brand's overall sales are up 5.3 percent for the same period."
And the MKS isn't a bad looking car itself. It has plenty of HP and torque with alot of advance features.

the zephyr actually looks worse than its ford and mercury counterparts.

the acura look alike might be a nice car, but its uglier than a bag of a$$holes.

Lincoln is screwed even more if they dump the Town Car. Thats my favorite car in the world, its the only car that makes me feel good when I am on the road. I will sure miss that land yacht, I hope Bill Ford gets a pineapple shoved up his a$$.

This is a classic example of how Ford has completely lost their way and is heading rapidly to oblivion. The Lincoln Town Car is one of the most recognized names in the auto business and elicits a positive impression of luxury and reliablility for people across all age ranges. So why has it stopped selling? Because Ford hasn't kept pace with updating the car. The 1998 restyle wasn't all that popular, yet eight years later it still looks about the same. I recently drove a 2006 a few hundred miles, it rides too stiff, it is too noisy, it isn't particularly roomy for its size, and it lacks the performance of its competitors.

An attractive looking Town Car, with improved performance, would sell. That formula worked just fine through 1997, what's the difference now?

One of the oldest adages in the auto business is you can sell an old man a young mans car, but you can't sell a young man an old man's car. I see lots of younger people driving Chrysler 300s. Pay attention Ford.

Lincoln needs to redesign the Town car completely. This car needs to compete with other large luxury sedans, however it needs to do it in its own way. Large and floaty, and a ton of goosies such as HID lamps standard, powerful 300hp V-8 standard, and heated and cooled seats optional. Also it needs to have navigation standard at 42K.

I do not believe this is the end of the Town Car. It is now all over the news, and will push people down to the Lincoln dealerships to increase sales... think about it... I see this as an excellent marketing strategy.

Look at all the free publicity.... I predict an increase in sales, and an offshore location mabye?

MBusby1073 said:
I do not believe this is the end of the Town Car. It is now all over the news, and will push people down to the Lincoln dealerships to increase sales... think about it... I see this as an excellent marketing strategy.

Look at all the free publicity.... I predict an increase in sales, and an offshore location mabye?

That's a good point; I never thought of it from that light, though. I certainly agree with you that the Town Car will not be axed from the Lincoln family. Rather, it will likely be moved from the elderly Panther platform onto a newer, fresher AWD-based Volvo, Australian, or Mazda platform. Then again, those rumors have been posted time-and-time again on Panther sites for the past 7 years.

Lincoln has committed to the Town Car nameplate in several press releases- one coming after the announcement of the closing of Wixom. All these people are worried that the Town Car will be slashed simply because it's not being moved to the USA or Canada. People are forgetting that Ford is building plenty of plants in Mexico (where the Zephyr and Milan are built) to increase profits by decreasing production and tariff expenses. Like the Zephyr, the Town Car would prove to be more profitable if built by cheap, non-union labor employees as opposed to soul-sucking UAW workers.

MBusby1073 said:

We can always hope, but we should be prepared for the worst.

Well, soon it will be in peace with the Fleetwood Brougham :)

value...

does this mean the calue will go up, since they won't make them anymore, you know, not exactly a collectible, but you know, will it be worth more???

97LTCSS said:
does this mean the calue will go up, since they won't make them anymore, you know, not exactly a collectible, but you know, will it be worth more???

Well, if you own a 97 LTC, I dont think it will, but maybe an 07 will be worth something someday..

Usually when they stop making it that value goes down. Look at the Continental or the Eldorado...

cool, cool...

crookshanks said:
Usually when they stop making it that value goes down. Look at the Continental or the Eldorado...

i was just curious...:cool: :cool: :cool:

crookshanks said:

Well, what about those stupid Cadi Alante's, those are expensive..... and the late Fleetwoods in my area are over priced too. Fuhgetaboutit

Members online

No members online now.
Back