COP Warranty Question

01continental

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I did a search and downloaded a copy of the Ford COP extended warranty letter. It states model years '03-'05. I have an '06 and am having a probable COP problem. Does anyone know of a letter for '06's?

I did a search and downloaded a copy of the Ford COP extended warranty letter. It states model years '03-'05. I have an '06 and am having a probable COP problem. Does anyone know of a letter for '06's?

2006 is not covered. Sorry.

Why not take it in and see what they will do? If you bought it at the dealership they may have some leverage for a previous customer.

Unfortunatly I bought it from an upscale used lot. They usually only have late model Mercedes, BMW, Audi Etc. They just happened to have my LS and the right price. I have had the car for about 6 months and it USED to run GREAT.

^^ I was going to say the same thing

^Genius...

Is their any reason why that wouldn't work?

There are many different versions of these coils. They are clearly marked on the top of each coil, numbering the version. If the coils are the same version, switching them out would be a no brainer. If they are different versions, the dealership will become suspicious and not honor the warranty.

Good idea but my wife won't let me near her engine bay right now. I think women have a 6th sense when it comes to certain things. She has already picked-up on this idea. She could be 10 miles away and hear the hood pop at this time. Yes, I had to sacrifice my balls for her to buy the '05 V8 Sport.

There are many different versions of these coils. They are clearly marked on the top of each coil, numbering the version. If the coils are the same version, switching them out would be a no brainer. If they are different versions, the dealership will become suspicious and not honor the warranty.

These cars shipped with different rev coils, and then newer revs may get put in here and there when warranty (or even non warranty) work is done. They wouldn't notice or care what rev coils are in.

Does anyone know if a 2nd visit is free of charge too? Or is this a one-time thing? Ive already had a few coils replaced by the dealership... and now it looks like the car is going through the same misfires again... so i wonder...

Does anyone know if a 2nd visit is free of charge too? Or is this a one-time thing? Ive already had a few coils replaced by the dealership... and now it looks like the car is going through the same misfires again... so i wonder...

Yes, you can go in as many times as you have a failure, until you go past 99,999.9 miles.

my car is still under the coil warranty for another 2 years or 70,000 miles...but I'm not going back to the dealer every time a coil or two goes bad..my time is worth more than that....but I would have gone if they replaced all of them at one time

so I just replaced all 8 with Motorcraft DG529's on my coin

the only way I'm going to the stealership is if the VCG's take a shoit

Members online

No members online now.
Back