cooling fan

cadikiller

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I sold the Mark a while back only because I had to pay for a new toy. It is a 1993 Ford Lightning and I love it! I would like to put an electric fan in it. I would like to use the Mark VIII fan assembly because it supplys alot of cfm and is one of the closest fits for the truck. There is a difference in style between the 1st and 2nd generation Mark VIII fans if im not mistaken. Does anybody know if there is a large size or cfm difference?

I thought the lightening and Mark VIII had the same rating. Both between 4000 and 5000 CFM.

Idk about my fan's cfm but i have a 1st gen lightning which is run off of the water pump. Drag on the engine :(. You can see in the one picture that the stock pump and shroud is big and bulkey along with being driven off the engine.

VID01039.jpg

VID00781.jpg

Thats a sweet hot air intake. Not only did that filter hurt HP over the stock box but I bet it also plays hell with MAF readings at idle.

move that intake.
not really a difference. both fans work fine in both generations of cars.
the blade pitch is slightly different. i think it makes second gen fans quieter.

Tell me about it I have had this truck for just a few months and that is on my to do list but it has ben non stop projects and that is lower on the list. The cam went flat the second month I had it. This is what it did to the lifter.

Lifter.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back