Coolant

GMANjr

LVC Member
Reaction score
Am I supposed to find coolant in small puddles on the ground or am I missing something?

I would park my Mark for the night, and the next day I see that a very small portion of my engine coolant has found its way to the ground. Maybe I have a leaky hose or something. Idk. Has anyone else witness this or maybe have had a similar problem if not the same?

Do you have any idea where it is coming from? Or better yet, where is the puddle in relation to the car? Is it in front, towards the back of the motor, or do you know?

Do you have any idea where it is coming from? Or better yet, where is the puddle in relation to the car? Is it in front, towards the back of the motor, or do you know?

Looking from the front of the car, the puddle seems to form towards the front of the engine closer to the right front tire.

I would personally Love the procedure for filling the cooling system I have a nasty air bubble I cant get rid off.

Looking from the front of the car, the puddle seems to form toward the front of the engine closer to the right front tire.

If it's by the driver's side front tire a little toward the engine it could be what I found on my 93. Leaking oil filter adapter gasket.

I found just a little leak there a few months ago.

I would personally Love the procedure for filling the cooling system I have a nasty air bubble I cant get rid off.

Its been covered a few times. Search cooling system - should be a load of posts. (Basically involves filling at cross over tube and bouncing the car, running for a few mins, then top up and bouncing again to remove air pockets - something like that anyway)

hahah thanks Im sure my neighbors are going to love to see me bouncing the car. hahaha

Oil filter adapter gasket, leaking hose, cracked overflow bottle or bad water pump.

Could go under the car and see if you can trace the leak... where are you seeing that pretty green fluid on the engine parts.

hahah thanks Im sure my neighbors are going to love to see me bouncing the car. hahaha

It's a blast... bouncy bouncy bouncy.. it works great if you have someone helping you to either bounce or add fluid.

Mine leaked like that it was the water pump.
Look up when under the car you will see the path the antifreeze takes

Members online

No members online now.
Back