Coolant leak behind the engine - Can't locate it

I'm having the same leaking issue from the back of the engine (right at the bell housing/transmission joint). I'm 99% sure that the leak is originating from the water outlet pipe (behind the thermostat), running under the intake manifold and falling off the rear of the engine. With that said, it looks like I'll have to remove the intake manifold (hopefully with the throttle body still attached) to replace that outlet pipe. Do you all concur? What is the easiest way to do this?

Tony

it looks like I'll have to remove the intake manifold (hopefully with the throttle body still attached) to replace that outlet pipe. Do you all concur? What is the easiest way to do this?
yes, the rear two bolts are two long to take them out with the intake in the way. there are two main ways people go about this. the proper way to to remove the intake and leaving the TB on is the easiest. the second way is to remove the rear bolts as far as you can and then cut them off flush with the outlet elbow, then remove the elbow and then remove whats left of the bolts, then use shorter bolts to put it back together. personally I'm a big fan of just doing it right and I'd take off the intake if I had to do the job.

Members online

No members online now.
Back