Continental & Crown Vic.

crookshanks

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I love the headlights on the newer Crown Vic.'s and Grand Marq.'s. I was wondering if it were possible to put these lights on my 1994 Continental. They are similar in shape and I am sure they would require retrofitting, but it would look really good. What do you think?

I looked at some of the crown vics online.. the headlights look like they could work to an extent... they didnt look the same shape to me. Ide like to know if this could work too though because i have a 94 also.. that or ide like to custom make some projector headlights so i can hook up HID

I was looking at the 2000+ models with the headlights that look really clear. They look somewhat similar in shape, except for the cornering lamps.

lilwheezy75 said:
I looked at some of the crown vics online.. the headlights look like they could work to an extent... they didnt look the same shape to me. Ide like to know if this could work too though because i have a 94 also.. that or ide like to custom make some projector headlights so i can hook up HID

You don't need projectors to get HID...

There is a guy on another forum I am a member of who sells HID kits which basically wire into your harness to a ballast and replaced your OEM style bulb with a HID.

I have put HID without the projectors but I heard that its illegel

I was not going for HID's, I really just wanted the look of the Crown Vic light. Extremely clear plastic on the front.

JLewisinSyr said:
You don't need projectors to get HID...

There is a guy on another forum I am a member of who sells HID kits which basically wire into your harness to a ballast and replaced your OEM style bulb with a HID.

yea but if you dont do it that way doesnt it cause major glare? If you could get me a link to that guy to .. that would be great.

mark0101 said:
I have put HID without the projectors but I heard that its illegel

Technically any Aftermarket HID kit that isn't factory is illegal but no one really cares so I wouldn't really worry about it. No one can really tell the difference by looking at it so you wont get pulled over

lilwheezy75 said:
yea but if you dont do it that way doesnt it cause major glare? If you could get me a link to that guy to .. that would be great.

Here is the company/guys website. They are a trust vendor with hundreds of sales on Altimas.net and Maxima.org

http://www.xenon-shop.com/

I have not purchased them myself yet, but I probably will be with my nice bonus check I got.

yea my car just passed inspection today.. so im set to do whatever now. Im either going to payt 190 to replace my windshield because of a small crack... and then later on buy subs. Or skip the windshield and do front door speakers and new headlights with a KN filter

and how do i buy the HID kit.. i dont speek spanish.. or whatver language that is... so i dont know what the conversion is for the currency or how to go about it

lilwheezy75 said:
and how do i buy the HID kit.. i dont speek spanish.. or whatver language that is... so i dont know what the conversion is for the currency or how to go about it

They have a US/English link on the main page.

i must have missed all that... so whats the ideal temp for HID.... i dont know the diff between 7000 9000 12000... i was thinking of going with 7000

higher the K(5000K,12000K)less the brightness. I have 10,000K on my conti,(didn't know that higher K lost brightness back then)

lilwheezy75 said:
i must have missed all that... so whats the ideal temp for HID.... i dont know the diff between 7000 9000 12000... i was thinking of going with 7000

7 is probably the best combo of look and brightness, anything more and you're actually going to hurt your visibility.

Members online

No members online now.
Back